Gibson Brands Forums

DO YOU HAVE TOO MANY GUITARS???

onewilyfool

HOW could it be possible to have too many guitars? [confused]

Didn't use a flow chart, but several months ago one day, when I had several cases on the LR floor cleaning & stringing, and my wife came home early, she says this here to me:

"Just how many guitars DO you have"? My reply, as I NEVER lie to "Sweetie Puss" was "SEVERAL! But not near as many as you have shoes & clothes." As she walked away she said, yeah, you're right I I've never heard about it since.

It took a while for that near death experience to have settled in on me. I realized, NEVER, even if they KNOW how many gits you have, NEVER have more than 2-3 cases out EVER at a time. Just don't go there. Heck, she knows I have 3 Harley's, and even told me I could, but I know dang better than to EVER have more than 2 here at home at a time. :rolleyes: One for me and one for our Son to go for rides on. Just rotate the inventory and keep only 2 here at a time. [thumbup]

Aster

HOW could it be possible to have too many guitars? [confused]

Aster

As long as I can look at the outside of the case and remember what guitar is on the inside, I don't have too many. I did tell my wife when I left on this trip that I MIGHT come home with another guitar.

You just have to remember my line: "there's no guitar in that one, sweetie. It's just a spare case". Spare cases don't count, do they? I'm starting to collect them. "Oh look, this one came with an old guitar inside!" [rolleyes]

Hehehe this is genius!

Several of your comments bring to mind a friend of mine, John, a wonderful guy who sadly passed away last year, who was an inveterate guitar buyer and would constantly be looking to trade one guitar for another (he and I traded MANY guitars over the years, and a boatload of stories-he was a very experienced muso who had worked with Graham Nash and many others).

His way of getting around being nagged for profligate guitar choppery was to keep the same three cases at all times (an acoustic case, an electric case and an archtop case) and just change the contents!!

I have many great memories of John, and I felt privileged to inherit his last electric guitar (a LAG Roxane), which is my main electric for band work. We always include 'Johnny B. Goode' in our set when doing function work, as a tribute to him.

Well my 11' LP Trad Plus arrives Fri and I dont think I have too many. Now, my wife just rolled her eyes when i said I was getting a new ax for xmas (the above mentioned guitar). I tried the, "each guitar has a different voice" and she looked at me like I just soiled myself. So I dont even try to explain why I want a new gtar. They just show-up and I hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife always glares at me when I get a guitar BUT she bought me the T-shirt that says "You can't have too many guitars" Now here's the secret, you play to her, your best song and when she hears the music she smiles. She loves you and she loves when you play, and when you play you don't get crabby. After all it makes for a happy home.

Archived