Gibson Brands Forums

Replace eSonic2 Preamp With Anthem?

Jesse G

I have a Masterbilt AJ500me that I just love but the eSonic2 preamp doesn't work. I can't take it back, it's a long story, and I don't want to talk about it. [tongue]

I have a Baggs Element in it and it sounds really great. I rreally didn't think UST's could sound like that. But I have a useless eSonic2 preamp that doesn't work. I'm thinking I want to add the tru-mic and the Anthem preamp. But I'm wondering if the Anthem preamp will fit in the hole for the eSonic without modification? If the Anthem is too big, then that's fine, but I really hope it's not too small.

I have a Masterbilt AJ500me that I just love but the eSonic2 preamp doesn't work. I can't take it back, it's a long story, and I don't want to talk about it. [tongue]

I have a Baggs Element in it and it sounds really great. I rreally didn't think UST's could sound like that. But I have a useless eSonic2 preamp that doesn't work. I'm thinking I want to add the tru-mic and the Anthem preamp. But I'm wondering if the Anthem preamp will fit in the hole for the eSonic without modification? If the Anthem is too big, then that's fine, but I really hope it's not too small.

That's a very good question and it may be bad news I'm afraid. I am thinking of doing the same sort of thing to my AJ-500RE which has the eSonic2 system in it. I've just carefully removed the eSonic2 pre-amp unit and measured the hole. It is 48mm x 59. The specs on the Baggs pre-amp indicate that the hole needed for the Baggs one is 45.75mm by 71mm so although the Baggs unit is longer it is narrower by 2.25mm. It will be a close thing if I decide to go ahead and fit the Baggs StagePro Anthem. I'll have to see what my luthier thinks. The Baggs unit does have an overhang on the surround so it may just cover the existing hole width. Hope this helps.

Archived