Gibson Brands Forums

GC's catalogue just showed up yesterday and was waiting for me on the

kitchen counter. My wife is watching me go through it and comments,

"you don't need anoter guitar, do you"? I can see she's positioning

me. This happens a lot. Or course, I simply respond, "it's fun to

look".

Thats funny, I had SWEETWATER, MF and AMS catalogues arrive in the mail the same day. The look on my lady's face was priceless when I had all of them in front of me.She asked the same thing. "Are you going to get something"? They all ended up in the recycle bin. [wink]

You better hide that guit quick. Send it to me for safe keeping. [thumbup]

Beautiful Sheri. I just bought one a few weeks ago, Korean beauty with Dream 180's and a Bigsby. I love the bling because it's not gaudy, just classy.

ENJOY.......You can come over and play yours anytime.

p1010006fs.jpg

WOW, not to hijack a thread here but Musicmaker99, what kind/model of LP is that? Looks like a satin type finish on the front there. Looks really cool!

Also the Sheri NGD in this thread is also very nice. Congrats!

Rock on

WOW, not to hijack a thread here but Musicmaker99, what kind/model of LP is that? Looks like a satin type finish on the front there. Looks really cool!

Also the Sheri NGD in this thread is also very nice. Congrats!

Rock on

It's, as far as I can surmise, a lmtd edition Mahogany Standard. That's about it as far as descriptions go on the web. I love the look and you are right its a satin finish with gold hardware contrasted with the white pg and binding. Both the Sherrie and LP were purchased--used-- the same day at the same GC.

p1010009ib.jpg

You didn't jack the thread, MM99 did with his pics in someone else's NGD thread, bad form IMO.

Guilty as accused....although I occasionally see others respond to HNGD with comparison pics of their own (as if to say: "Hey, beautiful guitar...here's a pic of mine, we have great taste don't we?").

Whatever, my bad.[cursing]

The more I think of this issue the worse I feel. Rastus, you are quite correct that it was "bad form" on my part to post a pic of my guitar. It really is taking away/pushing aside from the op's HNGD and I apologize to one and all. Lesson learned, thanks.

Guilty as accused....although I occasionally see others respond to HNGD with comparison pics of their own (as if to say: "Hey, beautiful guitar...here's a pic of mine, we have great taste don't we?").

Whatever, my bad.[cursing]

I don't have anything against you personally MM99, in fact, since joining I think you've been an extremely valuable member here, just when someone posts a NGD thread, it's like a celebration of that event, and anyone posting their gear is similar to stealing their thunder in a sense, unless they ask for a comparison of course. But as I suffixed my post, that's is my opinion only (IMO), it doesn't mean anyone else feels the same way.

To all,

Got busted by the Missus. Yesterday. Not pretty. This is how it went down.

I have a personal checking account that I only use for online purchases. I use it for ebay, paypal, etc. If things get wonky, I'm protected. I also purchase whenever zero interest is available. I also use it to buy gifts for her to keep her surprised for the special times. It works.

In the closet in "the office" there are as follows: '73 Gibby acoustic, '78 Ibby Randy Scruggs Pro, '91 Am. Std Strat, '92 Am. Std Tele. All purchased before we were married.

But, then this happened: Guild JF-30, Morgan Monroe M-30 OOO, Ibby AS 103 NT, Epi '62 G400, Epi '56 Goldtop. A Classic Player Strat and Tele Thinline. All in HSC's. Tight fit, and there's still room for clothes on hangers.

Under the single bed in the office is a Joe Stummer Tele and a Epi Korina explorer. The only git she's never seen is the Explorer, and you can guess why. "One of these things doesn't look like the others". They're all paid for. So here's how it went wrong.

Getting wifey's new car. CU needs two paystubs. Filling out the paperwork, she quckly calculated the difference of my net and what was deposited. The difference was $200 US. Significantly less than what she spends for hair, mani-pedi's and spa. Logical defense? FAIL.

There are boxes from Niemann-Marcus coming twice a week! FAIL! She has the Tiffany's app on her iPhone. What are you doing with that? FAIL!

Epilogue.

Her new car arrives next week. I'll probably never be able to drive it.

---heretic

That's a pretty impressive list heretic.

FWIW, I'm working toward full disclosure. Strategies may vary, but Black Fridays seem to be perfect for this. She launched for the outlet mall at about 11PM last night. Haven't confronted her contraband yet.

\:D/

BTW, nice LP musicmaker99.

We'll postpone that public lynching then #-o ;) [biggrin]

Who yanked your chain, the discussion had nothing to do with you in the first place, so why do you feel the need to comment ???

FWIW: I said it was bad form in general, there will be those that don't mind it, and those who it will upset, it was stated as a general rule of etiquette.

Who yanked your chain ???

FWIW: I said it was bad form in general, there will be those that don't mind it, and those who it will upset, it was stated as a general rule of etiquette.

I can't see what the problem is myself. If HNGD threads just had a set of pics at the start and a series of congratulatory responses that would be a little boring, IMO. Nobody owns this place as far as I know. Sorry, but that's my view.

I can't see what the problem is myself. If HNGD threads just had a set of pics at the start and a series of congratulatory responses that would be a little boring, IMO. Nobody owns this place as far as I know. Sorry, but that's my view.

As I have already stated on two occasions Alan, that was my view, and not that of anyone else, read the whole thread before passing judgement.

As I have already stated on two occasions Alan, that was my view, and not that of anyone else, read the whole thread before passing judgement.

Hi Rastus

I did read it, which is why I made a point of saying "IMO......that's my view."

Sometimes though, I think, opinions are best kept to oneself. But, if those opinions are voiced, one shouldn't then expect others not to respond with their own view. The above, to me, read a little bit like you twice passed your judgement on Musicmaker99 - once about his breaking of 'etiquette' and then again about the value of his contributions to the forum. It felt just a little bit condescending to me, which is why I hence chipped in with the comment that nobody owns this place. Sorry if that offends.

All the best

Alan

Hi Rastus

I did read it, which is why I made a point of saying "IMO......that's my view."

Sometimes though, I think, opinions are best kept to oneself. But, if those opinions are voiced, one shouldn't then expect others not to respond with their own view. The above, to me, read a little bit like you twice passed your judgement on Musicmaker99 - once about his breaking of 'etiquette' and then again about the value of his contributions to the forum. It felt just a little bit condescending to me, which is why I hence chipped in with the comment that nobody owns this place. Sorry if that offends.

All the best

Alan

Exactly my view Rob... particularly when you yourself have previously taken extreme exception when you perceived that you were being 'corrected publicly' here...

But now all three of us have really hijacked chipwich's thread [thumbdn]

On topic: Both chipwich's & mm99's guitars are awesome [thumbup]