Gibson Brands Forums

When will korean guitars get the respect they deserve

krock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missouri what guitars are still made in india? I only know a few Jacksons that are and some Squier IIs were made in India around 1989-1990. I think a few of the Vintage Modified series were made there from 2007.

Milo thats a good point you've brought up.I for example, being 18 am still am not able to afford a USA or GB made guitar and have to go for Korean and the like instead

I've read good things about blueridge but yeah i suppose neck warping takes time and most people dont keep the guitar for that long until they actually write the review. But I definitly agree with the statement about the best luthiers not being able to make the best quality instruments with improperly cured woods

With the one I had it didn't, all of the problems came up in the span of about a month. I hated seeing the Blueridge go but there were too many problems with that one guitar while all of the rest of them at the house had zero issues.

36458_127972773903839_100000733502358_194564_5371877_n.jpg

With the one I had it didn't, all of the problems came up in the span of about a month. I hated seeing the Blueridge go but there were too many problems with that one guitar while all of the rest of them at the house had zero issues.

One month? Never knew it could warp that quickly, but then where I ive its not that humid

Actually, we might be able to make the discussion "fly" if we opened up the discussion:

"Should Gibson consider replacing the BFG and "Faded" series with better-finished guitars produced offshore?"

[Can you just imagine the flaming wars that would ensue???]

Regards,

J/W

:)

That raises a serious question I've been wanting to ask for a long time. Is the only difference between the "faded" models and the more traditional ones the finish? The differential in price seems higher than could be acounted for merely by the ease of prepping and applying a non-glossy finish. I've often looked at a used faded flying V with the intention of buying one, sanding the finish with 400 grit to get something to key onto, then refinishing it with gloss nitro or acrylic with a touch of red stain. I know I can make it look like a standard gloss finish, but is the underlying guitar built differently, or with different materials?

On the Subject of the Korean Guitars, my MIK Epiphone Emperor Regent, although the finish quality is a bit suspect, (thick and a bit "gloppy") is an otherwise an excellently built instrument. After a little work to shape the bridge properly to the fretboard radius, and the inevitable truss rod adjustment, it plays peachy.

Archived