Gibson Brands Forums

LP Gold Top

Voodoo Monkey

I just got 2 weeks ago a Gibson Les Paul Standard Gold Top. I'm in love. I would like to get the heritage cherry burst too. Maybe someday but I love Gold Tops! [woot]

Hello,

Welcome and congratulations. I love GTs. [thumbup]

Please post picks, they are always welcome on the forum. [smile]

Welcome.

Congrats on yer new LP GT.

Please post a couple pics - here's some help if you need it - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

Here is a basic vid of the LP going staright into a Marshall Class 5 with no effects, just the volume all the way up for some tube clippage. [smile]

Not only do you have a nice guitar, you don't do a bad job of playing it. Thanks for the vids, I enjoyed listening to you, excellent playing!

Thank you my friend. I'm new to this site so I wasn't sure if it was ok and I didn't have a picture to post so I put some of these vids up.

Looks great.

Sounds great.

I enjoyed your nice very set of videos. Really nice straight into your Marshall.

Congrats. . B)

Thanks BigKahune. Different amps were used in the vids. I have a MESA Boogie Express 5:50 and a Fender Deluxe III which I used in some of the vids. The MESA is the most versatile and I love the Fender. The Marshall I got because it's designed like an old school amp. One volume, the louder you turn it up the more gain you get. [woot]

I LOVE "Gold-Tops," as well: [thumbup]

Recently purchased (2011) "Classic Custom"

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

2010 '60's Tribute Studio

DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

[biggrin]

CB

Hi Charlie Brown,

We have a few things in common. I have a 60's tribute Gold Top too. We have a mutual friend. I saw those pictures of your classic custom. I belong to another club and I was talking about the baked maple boards on how some are dark, which I like and another member pippy said he new someone that had one on the Gibson forum and put up your guitar pics. That's a beautiful guitar! Small world. Gold tops are awesome!!!

The videos I am playing my new one which is a LP Standard. I posted the videos because I didn't have a Photo. Here is a vid with my 60's Tribute.

Here is an actual photo of it when I bought it last summer.

119711430-front-l.jpg

Hi Voodoo Monkey, Yeah...Pippy messengered me, asking permission to use my photos, on

that other site. Nice of him, to do that, rather than just nicking them, as he could

have. I appreciated the thought/gesture. "Gold Top" folks, are Good Folks! (Smile)

Love your new Gold-Top "Standard!" Sounds great, too. My Classic Custom came with

"Classic '57's," which are my favorite Gibson Humbucker's. So, all's good, sonically! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Hi Voodoo Monkey, Yeah...Pippy messengered me, asking permission to use my photos, on

that other site. Nice of him, to do that, rather than just nicking them, as he could

have. I appreciated the thought/gesture. "Gold Top" folks, are Good Folks! (Smile)

Love your new Gold-Top "Standard!" Sounds great, too. My Classic Custom came with

"Classic '57's," which are my favorite Gibson Humbucker's. So, all's good, sonically! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

When I saw the pictures of yours I was in love with that guitar. At first I was leary about the baked maple boards but yours looks like a dark rosewood. I like the natural and cream classic customs. I have 2 gold tops now. I have on hold a used ES-335 Figured Top in heritage cherry I will be picking up in about 3 weeks so that will be it for a while I think. [laugh] I try to get different sounding guitars. The 335 has the '57's in it so I am very excited to get that. I got the LP Standard 2 weeks ago today and today is the first time I played anything else. I love that guitar. How does the board feel on the classic custom? This is new for Gibson right?

When I saw the pictures of yours I was in love with that guitar. At first I was leary about the baked maple boards but yours looks like a dark rosewood. I like the natural and cream classic customs. I have 2 gold tops now. I have on hold a used ES-335 Figured Top in heritage cherry I will be picking up in about 3 weeks so that will be it for a while I think. [laugh] I try to get different sounding guitars. The 335 has the '57's in it so I am very excited to get that. I got the LP Standard 2 weeks ago today and today is the first time I played anything else. I love that guitar. How does the board feel on the classic custom? This is new for Gibson right?

I have no "issues" with the "baked maple" board, on mine. I have seen others, that are (for me)

too lightly colored, and because of that, not that appealing (again, to me), aesthetically. But,

as far as tone, and "feel," I don't have any issues, at all. They feel more like Ebony, in hardness,

but the tone seems to be warm, like Rosewood. It plays, and sounds Great! The biggest "problem" I

have now, is deciding if I'm going to play it, or my 2000 "Classic," since I had the frets done, and new

"Classic '57's" installed, in it, in favor of the original Ceramic (very Hot) pickups. That's a

"problem," I can definitely, live with! [biggrin]

CB

I LOVE "Gold-Tops," as well: [thumbup]

Recently purchased (2011) "Classic Custom"

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

2010 '60's Tribute Studio

DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

[biggrin]

CB

Ah there she is again. Hello GT Classic Custom (oh, Hello CB)! [laugh][woot] Never get tired of a good gander at your new GT Charlie Brown, thanks for posting it again. [love]

Archived