Gibson Brands Forums

i have a confession

Silenced Fred

Never had a McRib and never will either.

Not in the South where places like Bar-B-Cutie have a pulled pork sandwich, one side and soft drink or sweet tea for flat $5 including tax. Can't beat that, the place is also fast because all the meat is already cooked...I think I know where I am going for lunch tomorrow. [biggrin]

Like was said, McDonald's isn't food. Food, or more specifically recipes, are created in a kitchen. McDonald's is made in a laboratory. That's not something I want to put in my gut.

I think the last time I had McDonald's was 2002. Before that it had to have been five or six years. Still remember the medicinal taste of that cheese burger.

I have never had one either actually had to google it to see what you were talking about. I don't eat McDonalds haven't had it in years although I hit the drive through about twice a week and get either plain kids hamburgers with nothing on them or Chicken McNuggets for my dog he loves McDonalds although I think he likes the burgers at the Dairy Queen Grill even better.

As for drunk food - I prefer Super Taco's from Jack in The Box and a Chocolate shake. [thumbup] It used to be that Jack In The Box was the only crapfood restaurant open all night so that was the 3am after gig food. Never have figured out what the orange mystery meat stuff is but that's drunk after a gig food at it's finest. [unsure]

Late night drunk/high food for me, when I'm in the city, is a local Chinese place that's open pretty late. They have great food, it's cheap, it comes in large portions and it's greasy as sh*t! Great when you're hungover, too.

When I'm out of the city, like being in Westminster MD right now, it's usually Sheetz for late night meals.

I do go to McDonalds from time to time, but that's when I'm a) broke or b ) in a hurry. The McRib is special, though. It's definitely the greatest invention known to man--food or not.

Archived