• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Productive afternoon... Hot rodded this TS9

IMG_4082.jpg

And finished up a swirly Big Toe.

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

Nearly finished a second one and still may if my motivation holds out... [biggrin] Taking a break right now.

IMG_4092.jpg

Where to begin?

PTV - NICE. We don't get enough guitar builds in here. Best of luck with your next attempt

badblues - DETAILS? What work are you doing? What secrets lay within?

Pup - a productive day indeed! Input grounded true bypass. Well done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took my first steps into the world of pedal building.

My sister's fiancé's birthday is tomorrow, and he's really wanted a TS808 for awhile, but a reissue is about $200; too rich for him.

So I found a website that has stripboard layouts for hundreds of pedals..one being a TS808. About $30 in parts including a painted enclosure from Mammoth Electronics. Ordered on Friday last week, arrived Tuesday. Just put the finishing touches on today (spent a long time troubleshooting stupid mistakes). The LED is a little off-center (damn you drill bit wander!) but otherwise I think it looks pretty good.

I was surprised how tiny the board came out...just a little over 2"x1.5".

A pic of the board before it's in the enclosure. All those black wires were just temporary, tack soldered to the pots and switch and such, for testing.

43uNzHk.png

And the finished pedal...not gonna post a gut shot because it aint pretty :P

9LrK4jJ.png

Sounds like an 808 to me.

-Ryan

Congrats on the successful first build! tagboardeffects is the best website ever. I'm just Travis over there you should stick around on the site and build more

Thanks man,

Discovered it a few weeks ago and was amazed at how many effects they've made layouts for. Over 800! Definitely gonna be building more...the cost alone is enough incentive. I never realized how inexpensive the component cost for pedals was. Methinks a Deep Blue Delay is next...

-Ryan

Thanks man,

Discovered it a few weeks ago and was amazed at how many effects they've made layouts for. Over 800! Definitely gonna be building more...the cost alone is enough incentive. I never realized how inexpensive the component cost for pedals was. Methinks a Deep Blue Delay is next...

-Ryan

Yeah the tube screamer is a cheap build. Not everything is cheap to build, especially if you want to go all out on quality, but it's definitely cheaper than buying everything plus you can tweak the sound to suit your needs

The deep blue delay is a good build. Get the smallest caps you can for that one to make it easier. I like to use mostly tantalums and multilayer ceramics for that layout

• 1 month later...

What happened to this thread? What happened to Dub?

I've been working on a modified Boss CE-2 for my guitar teacher. Added blend control and switchable Cornish buffer, as well as a Vibrato switch (kills the dry signal) and a high and low-speed mode.

This is what I've got so far. All resistors done. Caps, trannies, diodes and IC's tomorrow. Should fit nicely in a 125B.

sWhKJE8.png

(Board edges still need a bit of cleaning up)

-Ryan

What happened to Dub?

I've wondered the same thing. He seems to have disappeared from some FX forums as well. I PM'd him here cuz I have a customer looking for a germ fuzz which is not my thing, but he does them quite well. No response.

I've wondered the same thing. He seems to have disappeared from some FX forums as well. I PM'd him here cuz I have a customer looking for a germ fuzz which is not my thing, but he does them quite well. No response.

Last contact I had from him was August 10th via pm. I responded, he apparently read it around August 31st, but nothing. Last active: September 6th. Weird...

-Ryan

Last contact I had from him was August 10th via pm. I responded, he apparently read it around August 31st, but nothing. Last active: September 6th. Weird...

-Ryan

Yeah, he's MIA at I Love Fuzz as well. He has a couple of pedals listed still on Reverb, but they've been there awhile. I sent him a message on there just now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived