Gibson Brands Forums

MCK Problem

runtothehills

Hi All,

Got a problem with my MCK in that it wont switch off when I push it back down i.e. it stays in tune/setup mode not matter if the MCK is pulled up or push down and therefore won't regain the signal back to the amp, ffs. [cursing]

Anyone seen or fixed this problem before? Or am I up for a replacement Tronical switch unit (I see they're availble on guitarsushi.com)...

Cheers,

Hi All,

Got a problem with my MCK in that it wont switch off when I push it back down i.e. it stays in tune/setup mode not matter if the MCK is pulled up or push down and therefore won't regain the signal back to the amp, ffs. [cursing]

Anyone seen or fixed this problem before? Or am I up for a replacement Tronical switch unit (I see they're availble on guitarsushi.com)...

Cheers,

Do you hear a distinct "clicking" of the switch indicating that it is being engaged? If so, you may indeed have a bad switch unit. If not, maybe the MCK knob is loose?

• 3 months later...

I had a green flashing peghead on the MCK after charging all day as it did not shut off automatically after reaching 9 out of 10 level. So I opened the back cover on my Robot 1, disconnected the battery and reconnected it after 5 minutes. The bad MCK issue aside, it reset the tuner to factory default, and then I just pulled out the MCK and whacked it back in with the palm of my hand. It shut off! Now it works to autotune but I just whack it back in after spinning it to #b setting. Works like a charm. No need to spend $395 at guitarsushi.com to replace the whole tuning control and MCK.

I own Robot 1 since Dec 9, 2007 two days after it released. She's a beauty and I will keep it all original if it means whacking the MCK to shut it off.

Archived