Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP Custom: Ebony or Alpine White?

leovan83

Hey guys!

Besides the obvious poll, I wanna know a bit more about the LP Custom. Which one is the original finish in which the LP Custom was issued? Which one do u like best and why?

I like the black. I like the looks and my first guitar teacher back in the early 80's had one. The alpine white is nice though. My favorite Custom LP is a cream aged one like Randy Rhoad's. I would take that over pretty much anything. [laugh]

The original Les Paul Custom was available in ALL the same colors as the Ford Model T.......Black, Black, or Black. Or as Henry Ford stated it, "You can have a Model T in any color you like as long as it's black."

I don't remember any other colors until the early/mid seventies. That said, I prefer the white. My stepson has a white one which has aged to a really cool looking cream/yellow, black trim and gold hardware... one sharp looking (and great sounding) guitar.

• 3 weeks later...

who plays white guitars ?

2149825808_fa19d8758c.jpg

prince-purple-rain.jpg

I don't know have I reached troll status yet... [-X[-X

Khhmm. Who played white guitars (Gibsons)? For example: Randy Rhoads, Carlos Cavazo, The Edge, Pete Townshend, and Mr. Les Paul himself!

Don't get me wrong! Your joke was great! [biggrin] Too bad You reminded me of these "greats" on the photos, I've been trying long to forget. Cheers...Bence

no worries... I actually knew white lp's were played by some greats.... I just hate the look of white guitars... but to each his own...

no worries... I actually knew white lp's were played by some greats.... I just hate the look of white guitars... but to each his own...

Exactly. I always wanted to have a cream 70s LP. One reason for it, that it was Randy Rhoads who's influence got me to take guitar playing seriously. The other reason that it's simply beautyful. :) Cheers... Bence

Archived