Gibson Brands Forums

shaving

Silenced Fred

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get a way closer shave with a manual. I also find it irritates my skin less than electric which I find just scrape it. Erm, now to mention something more manly... girls, guitars and spanners... ahhh I feel better now [thumbup]

I like to play a little game every morning called Wetshave In Under Thirty Seconds. If you can achieve this without slicing that bit which separates your nostrils, you can then move on to the next level, which is entitled Breakfast.

I like to play a little game every morning called Wetshave In Under Thirty Seconds. If you can achieve this without slicing that bit which separates your nostrils, you can then move on to the next level, which is entitled Breakfast.

Ive cut that bit so many times, and the top of my lip. Thats the worst bit, it takes so long to grow back properly. ouch

I dunno, but I find using a high quality electric shaver like Braun gives me excellent shave. Sure, not as close as a razor, but razors irritate my skin and not to mention gives you ingrowns and pimples due to the razor blade scraping off the top layer of your skin and drying it out. Electric shavers don't do that to me. I can live with not close as razor shave, but I cant live with scabs and pimples all over my face. who cares about a clean shave if your face is all scarred up? Its just me.

I think a close shave with a razor would be better in this situation [flapper] What you say Fred? [biggrin] [biggrin]

hairy_armpits.jpg

I dunno, but I find using a high quality electric shaver like Braun gives me excellent shave. Sure, not as close as a razor, but razors irritate my skin and not to mention gives you ingrowns and pimples due to the razor blade scraping off the top layer of your skin and drying it out. Electric shavers don't do that to me. I can live with not close as razor shave, but I cant live with scabs and pimples all over my face. who cares about a clean shave if your face is all scarred up? Its just me.

moisturize bro!

moisturize bro!

mositurizers could only do so much....the scraping damage the razors do to your skin is much more worst than what an electric shaver would do Been shaving for years and I've done it all and I find that electric shavers works best with me. Everyone is different..."Just Saying". [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

I love to shave, and find it relaxing and therapeutic after a tough day at work. I don't have a really heavy beard, so I go several days before I have some very serious 5'o'clock shadow. Then I get out the badger hair brush, the cream, and the Bic Quattro!

I also strongly recommend that a man get a straight razor shave at some point in his life: it's like a facial for guys, and extremely relaxing. It used to be that every barber would do it, but not anymore.

One thing I have entertained is the idea of learning to shave myself with a straight razor, but I value my life, so I will stic to the Bic... [biggrin]

You know, that's what we do to our cheeks and neck.

Oh, right! Its been so long I've forgotten the meaning.

I decided to grow a beard when my first child was born. Now they wont let me get rid of it. Whenever the oldest acts up, I threaten to shave off my beard. I think that the thought of it really freaks her out. lol.

I'm 65. My beard grows in white so it is almost invisible for couple of days. About 20 years ago I discovered Gillette's Sensor. Shaving has been so easy since I can do it in the dark without nicking myself. I use a witch hazel based aftershave and a little jojoba oil as a moisturizer and rejuvenater for the skin.

Oh, right! Its been so long I've forgotten the meaning.

I decided to grow a beard when my first child was born. Now they wont let me get rid of it. Whenever the oldest acts up, I threaten to shave off my beard. I think that the thought of it really freaks her out. lol.

Lol, now that a fresh approach parenting. [thumbup]

I think a close shave with a razor would be better in this situation [flapper] What you say Fred? [biggrin] [biggrin]

hairy_armpits.jpg

That's pretty gross, and I think her "guns" are nearly as big as mine. I use a manual, electrics actually irritate my face much more (I believe shredded would be the term to describe the feeling after). I was told by a doctor I was shadowing in high school that shaving in general reduces the risk for melanomas since it removes the layers in direct contact with UV rays. Whether that statement has any merit is beyond me but I would like to think it does.

Manual shave only. Tried the electric for a year, but my neck's landscape is too uneven for an electric. Gave me the worst shaving rash.

Now that I have a beard full time I just shave my cheeks and neck. The trick to a good manual shave

1. Steam your beard for a good two minutes. That's why you shave *after* you shower

2. Shaving lotion over shaving gels and foams. Shaving soap is good too.

3. Shave with the grain. Those ingrown hairs and nicks bluesguitar65 talks about should only happen if you shave against the grain.

4. The fewer the blades, the better. These four and five blade razors are another recipe for ingrown hairs.

5. Get a good aftershave. I like Burt's Bees.

Manual shave only. Tried the electric for a year, but my neck's landscape is too uneven for an electric. Gave me the worst shaving rash.

Now that I have a beard full time I just shave my cheeks and neck. The trick to a good manual shave

1. Steam your beard for a good two minutes. That's why you shave *after* you shower

2. Shaving lotion over shaving gels and foams. Shaving soap is good too.

3. Shave with the grain. Those ingrown hairs and nicks bluesguitar65 talks about should only happen if you shave against the grain.

4. The fewer the blades, the better. These four and five blade razors are another recipe for ingrown hairs.

5. Get a good aftershave. I like Burt's Bees.

word on all accounts. burt's bees is awesome stuff (pomegranate chapstick btw)

Archived