Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson EC 20 Starburst

bandrietta

• 2 years later...

Here's my EC-20 'Starburst'. Mine was made late 1997 and is in mint condition. I've had it since new and love it; a really well rounded guitar. You don't see too many around; in fact i've never seen one with the exact same appointments as mine.

post-1001-025447100 1309912752_thumb.jpg

Hey Vince; thanks for your response mate. I just might take you're advice!

I wonder why they stopped producing this guitar? I know they do a similar model, but the stars really make this guitar look special.

Here's another pic . . . (it's not quite as orange as the picture indicates)

post-1001-001848000 1310002350_thumb.jpg

I took your advice Vince and it paid dividends [thumbup]

They got back to me with some great material some of which i'll attach. I'm limited in upload space. The specs seem to match mine, except mine has a factory installed Fishman pick up

They said that the they don't have listed reasons for discontinuations on guitar models or variations. Many times, they are discontinued to make room for other models or variations, or were only made for limited times.

post-1001-007772600 1310100715_thumb.jpg

for the most part, nothing is ever totally discontinued (some exceptions). so, you could custom order one i'm sure. the stars might be a problem. if they don't have any around and have to make them, then it could up the price. call up the closest 5-star dealer and have them look into it!

Archived