Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
livemusic

Hummingbird

Has anyone else experienced this: After 10-15 minutes of heavy playing, this guitar emits a wonderful cedar smell!

Brilliant sense of detail – the answer is no. Speaks the language of moving woods. Strong articulation – accent understood.

Maybe I play too soft after all. . . .

Hi Folks,

Lets not forget the custom shop limited edition/one off h'birds. I have one made with Koa back and sides with deeply scalloped braces. It has the Gibson sparkle when strummed/picked towards the bridge and a wonderful full resonating sound when strummed at the sound hole. BTW - Has anyone else experienced this: After 10-15 minutes of heavy playing, this guitar emits a wonderful cedar smell!

LCB

LCB...can you provide photos? What year is your Koa 'Bird?

BTW... +1 on the smell thing

Hi Folks,

Lets not forget the custom shop limited edition/one off h'birds. I have one made with Koa back and sides with deeply scalloped braces. It has the Gibson sparkle when strummed/picked towards the bridge and a wonderful full resonating sound when strummed at the sound hole. BTW - Has anyone else experienced this: After 10-15 minutes of heavy playing, this guitar emits a wonderful cedar smell!

LCB

We're all about pics around here ya know [wink]