Gibson Brands Forums

Amp/Effects discussion Poll

Bluemoon

You must remember this little playground is provided to us by the Gibson Company. Their business is to sell us stuff with Gibson written on it, and if I'm not mistaken, they are not in the effects or pedal business. There is already a Gibson Amplifier section, I don't think they're going to (or should) give us a specific section to talk to talk about Marshall, Mesa, Vox, Fender, or any other brand of amps for that matter. This IS the Gibson Forums remember.

They've already given us this "Lounge" for off-topic or any other stuff we want to talk about, so just post it here. Or maybe it fits into the new "Recording" section. Let's not press our luck, we don't need a bunch of deleted threads again or prying mods. Mike@Gibson has recently added a bunch of features that allow us a lot more leeway on the topics of our discussions, and there are plenty of places to hide our non-Gibson talk. Things seem to be running pretty smooth around here, let's just enjoy it.

Excellent points, Larry! It is Gibson's Forum and they can run it anyway they want... and so far, since Mike@Gibson arrived, they HAVE been very generous, comparatively speaking. Can't argue that it could be construed as bad form to ask for yet another non-Gibson section....

...and it's not like I'll be crushed if there isn't an effects section... but if the question is want one or not, then sure... put one in.

Personally, I'd rather see more smileys... a winking smiley... a ROFL smiley....

it would be cool but I understand Gibson pays for this place and there pretty limited in the amp world. It is pretty related though as I usually have a LP plugged into the amp and they have gotten a lot better about letting Amp comments stay in posts.

I would still say yes but mostly out of personal wants and trying to get info on my own questions. Like I said it's better than in the past but in several years on the gibson forums the only posts I've ever had deleted or edited were on amps and pedals. [-X

Gibson could evenbe the first to post. I heard they had bought a few electronic vendors I wonder if they have any new amps or effects in the works for us?

You must remember this little playground is provided to us by the Gibson Company. Their business is to sell us stuff with Gibson written on it' date=' and if I'm not mistaken, they are not in the effects or pedal business. There is already a Gibson Amplifier section, I don't think they're going to (or should) give us a specific section to talk to talk about Marshall, Mesa, Vox, Fender, or any other brand of amps for that matter. This IS the Gibson Forums remember.

They've already given us this "Lounge" for off-topic or any other stuff we want to talk about, so just post it here. Or maybe it fits into the new "Recording" section. Let's not press our luck, we don't need a bunch of deleted threads again or prying mods. Mike@Gibson has recently added a bunch of features that allow us a lot more leeway on the topics of our discussions, and there are plenty of places to hide our non-Gibson talk. Things seem to be running pretty smooth around here, let's just enjoy it.[/quote']

+1 i can go to MLP to talk about amps

I think for the ten's of thousands of dollars most of us have spent and will spend in the future, Gibson could provide us with an amps section without cutting into their profits too much. Hardly anyone uses Gibson amps and they don't make effects, so I don't see the big deal. A guy who is happy with his amp is more likely to go out and buy more Gibsons.

Archived