Gibson Brands Forums

20 best amps in the world today

krock

Do you guys agree? If not what do you think should be up there

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-20-best-guitar-amplifiers-in-the-world-today-515134

I love old Traynor amps, myself... and some of the new ones are great, too!

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=11&cat=66&id=393#ygm3

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=11&cat=66&id=394

Crazy Can00dian!

J/W

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

[Do you tink they get PAID to put certain amps on them lists? :huh: :blink: [confused]]

first off, why is the standard AC30 higher than the handwired?

also, digital marshall? the new series of fender hot rod deluxes?

is this guy high?

Don't quite get the hate on this one, why you would get some negative.

You is spot on with this comment.

first off, why is the standard AC30 higher than the handwired?

also, digital marshall? the new series of fender hot rod deluxes?

is this guy high?

Must be smokin' some good shite...

The Marshall 1959HW Plexi Is not even on there.

Don't quite get the hate on this one, why you would get some negative.

You is spot on with this comment.

why? did someone vote me down for this comment? just because they think that people are "tone snobs" when they say they can tell the difference between a terrible digital amp and the gloriously beautiful sounds of a tube amp? yeah, haters gon' hate.

Must be smokin' some good shite...

The Marshall 1959HW Plexi Is not even on there.

whoever made this list is some butt rock metal player who picked some really expensive boutique amps to put on the list to appease the dad rockers and so people would think he would know tone, then picked some classic amps (fenders and voxes) so he doesn't have an angry mob at his door, but any attempt at getting credibility is destroyed when you see his top 5 amps.

I'm seriously jelly of this guy though, I thought Colorado had some quality stuff (Colorado's smoked salmon is delicious...)

why? did someone vote me down for this comment? just because they think that people are "tone snobs" when they say they can tell the difference between a terrible digital amp and the gloriously beautiful sounds of a tube amp? yeah, haters gon' hate.

whoever made this list is some butt rock metal player who picked some really expensive boutique amps to put on the list to appease the dad rockers and so people would think he would know tone, then picked some classic amps (fenders and voxes) so he doesn't have an angry mob at his door, but any attempt at getting credibility is destroyed when you see his top 5 amps.

I'm seriously jelly of this guy though, I thought Colorado had some quality stuff (Colorado's smoked salmon is delicious...)

What metal amps? [lol]

you serious bro?

and i don't mean metal-metal. i mean butt rock metal. the kind played with mesa boogies and digital marshalls.

In all honesty i woudlnt even consider any of those amps there high gain. [mellow] Maybe the Soldano and the Mesa...but thats it.

He should have said that are produced today and still the list would be way off. I laughed at the C2 ranking better than the AC30hw2x, let alone the others ahead of those 2. Best high gain amp imo that is produced today is the Diamond Nitrox or Spitfire. I've never played a DR. Z but I had some guy wanting to do a swap for a while, I passed since I didn't know him and doubted I would get my baby back.

So in the spirit of this guy's awful list how about everyone doing a top 5 of the best amps produced today?

If you are through with your tirade, go to the start of the article and R E A D. In the intro , you will find that the ratings of " the best" was merely a sampling of a poll from 8000 responders. You seem to have some serious issues with " dad rockers" and " butt rock metal players". Maybe all of this hate and angst is due to a build up of poison in your system, maybe you need to get laid. If you dont have a girlfriend , try working it off by hand, you'll find your stress level decreasing. [biggrin]

If you are through with your tirade, go to the start of the article and R E A D. In the intro , you will find that the ratings of " the best" was merely a sampling of a poll from 8000 responders. You seem to have some serious issues with " dad rockers" and " butt rock metal players". Maybe all of this hate and angst is due to a build up of poison in your system, maybe you need to get laid. If you dont have a girlfriend , try working it off by hand, you'll find your stress level decreasing. [biggrin]

lulz

me: 'hey, some guy on the internet said i hate dad rock and butt rock because i need to get laid"

girl at bar: "omg, that makes so much sense"

thanks for keeping my junk in your thoughts, i appreciate it :rolleyes:

PS. i'm doing fine [biggrin]

lulz

me: 'hey, some guy on the internet said i hate dad rock and butt rock because i need to get laid"

girl at bar: "omg, that makes so much sense"

thanks for keeping my junk in your thoughts, i appreciate it :rolleyes:

PS. i'm doing fine [biggrin]

OK OK... wait you want us to believe you talked to a girl in a bar and she wasn't your waitress.msp_flapper.gif

I'm glad that my beloved Marshalls and Voxes got the nod.I have to agree with Jelly Wheat some of the old Traynors were absolutely great amps.I have one of the first Traynor Guitar Mates made-the ones without reverb and only tremolo-and after surviving the indignities of having a wall collapse on it and being hosed down in a nightclub fire- is still a tone demon.I had 2 more Traynor amps that I greatly regret getting rid of,one was a Custom Reverb with a 2-12 cab and the other was a Mk.III combo both of these were deadly amps especially the Custom Reverb and that's why they are starting to command such high prices.

I also have a Traynor TS-15 that is solid state but sounds and responds just like a tube amp.Pete Traynor spent 6 years from the mid to late 70s developing a solid state amp that would sound like a tube amp and he succeeded.Instead of a master volume this amp has a 3 position rocker switch that acts as a master volume,driving the amp at 5 10 and 15 Watts.At 5 Watts the amp is no doubt living room volume but the overdrive sounds like a cranked master volume 50W tube amp.

All I'm gonna say is that the DR is there, I had one and like an idiot dumped it for something similar but with more than five times the whumph that I needed about as much then or now as an extra 100 pounds on my gut.

Yeah, I kick myself every time I think about it.

m

Believe what you want. I don't have anything to prove to a bunch of old people on the internet

Allow me to set the scene:

An out of the way , musty smelling bar ( Fred's mothers basement ), an alluring seductress caually reclines on a hand tooled naugahyde couch. Fred approaches, nervously drowning a slow - gin fizz, and the conversation ensues:

Fred: AHHHEMMM, do I know you?

Seductress: Hisssssssssssss ( translated ) " Maybe, maybe not, have a seat you big lump of man ."

Fred: Thank you, how are you? Do you come here often?

Seductress; Hisssssssssssssssss ( translated ) " I'm feeling a tad deflated, thanks for asking, and yes I'm here every night."

Fred:" I'm a little down too, some mean ol guys were giving me a hard time on the internet so Mom told me to come down here and unwind"

Seductress: Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssss ( translated ) " Well , lets you and I unwind together, Fredkins"

Fred:" Wow ,that would be great, can I get you a slow gin?

Seductress: Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ( translated ) " No, what I do need is a patch kit, a bicycle pump and at least another 20 p.s.i., to get me upright " .

Fred:" I'll be right back, I think old man Fezziwig next door has everything I need , but since it's dark outside I'll have to ask Mom if I can go out."

Seductress: Hisssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssss ssssss sss s s s s s s ( translated ) " Hurry Studmuffin, I'm run ning o u t o f a i r .

Fade out of bar scene. [flapper]

Archived