Gibson Brands Forums

looking to buy a killer acoustic...ideas?

hustledouble

post-31465-025563800 1322523818_thumb.jpgwell, I've been gone awhile (only a short time member to begin with, hope I remember how this works) but I been doing my usual wandering in many places without internet access. Anyway, to the point. You are looking for the kind Gibson it sounds like ?? This 1 has been well discussed on this forum in the past, a J100extra. Every time I decide to sell mine I always change my mind, 'cause of replacement cost. I've again decided to sell it. You can get a lot of input from members about it on this forum. Mine varies as it is a cutaway model. Built in 1995 as a centennial overrun. I am the original owner. Ask other members about this model, I bet you get interesting replies. It seems to be determined as Mahogany/Sitka. Has anyone ever seen another cutaway J-100extra ? I have not. It was a special order, details if interested.

post-31465-025563800 1322523818_thumb.jpgwell, I've been gone awhile (only a short time member to begin with, hope I remember how this works) but I been doing my usual wandering in many places without internet access.

The Acoustic Monk in this temple cannot help seeing a full blinged 200 goin' :

Wait a minute – stop the wheel - I need hiatus for my origins to feel. No longer can I contribute to hollow glamour – gone are the days of bloated blur.

You'll find me dressed in sackcloth and ashes digging for deeper treasures, seeking the primal source.

Yes, I shall play – Yes, repetitiously I shall rehearse and improve.

Nourished by the jingling stream my tongue will refine – this voice will be new – my jangle will echo and the chime will ring true –

let us strum for the meek – let us pick as we pray – May the bass provide ground for the trebs' cutaway . . .

In that manner a very beautiful guitar -

Anyone hear of this website? http://www.retail-wholesale.com/acousticelectric-guitars-gibson_c313

Prices seem to good to be true.

Let's see...... the website describes itself as "5-star China Wholesale", and advertises prices that seem just a tad too good to be true. What's wrong with this picture? No ideas?

Then pal, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn you can buy pretty cheap.

The eternal search for the free lunch--you can call that greed if you want to--keeps people like this in business. Any doubts? Contact Gibson Customer Service and see if they're a dealer.

Yes, I realize that there's a zero percent chance that the deal was true, meeester smarty pants. I figured I'd ask juuuuuust in case. I decided to finally go with the Hummingbird True Vintage as it was the most applauded guitar mentioned as far as I could see. Love the look and feel.

I decided to finally go with the Hummingbird True Vintage as it was the most applauded guitar mentioned as far as I could see. Love the look and feel.

Intriguing – you probably know we are quite a few here interested in how that encounter develops – send a postcard.

Archived