Gibson Brands Forums

My mid life crisis machine has arrived.

ksdaddy

Off season price here in Maine! He just bought a new house and there were two expensive vehicles in the driveway so the Sportster had to go bye-bye. He wanted $3K but I had cash. Wrote a check off my home equity loan at 6%. Sold my old Honda this morning for $250 and took that money right to the bank and put it on the loan. My goal is to have it paid off in 6 months.

This is my first Harley. I always wanted one but have been in denial (publicly) for years. Never thought I could swing it, but the stars just lined up.

A few are still riding here. Today would have been beautiful (if I had plates and insurance!). But Wednesday it snowed so....

I'm a fair weather rider. In my younger days I would have braved any cold just to ride but now I get chilled, I stay chilled. I took my road test on a 1964 Yamaha YDS-3 on November 30, 1981. I had to ride over a big patch of ice on the road test; a water pipe had broken, the water ran across the road, and froze overnight. Did it with no issue of course, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. The examiner signaled for me to stop and asked how long I had been riding. "Since I was six." He shrugged and said, "Good enough for me!" and gave me my license.

Archived