Gibson Brands Forums

I might buy me a new Gibson or two.

Thundergod

I said I wouldn't buy a Gibson with humbuckers.

None of those have humbuckers.

This one doesn't have humbuckers either:

Gibson-Melody-Maker-Special-Blue-Stain.jpg

If you ask me, this is perfection from Gibson. They should put more time into this kind of guitar and less into ten different LP standard style guitars.

Thundergod, If you want to get them built your way and can wait. Go to Jay Wolfe and get it built in the old Gibson Factory your way. It might not have the Gibson name but you get a top quality Gutiar Built just for you just like the old Gibsons were built. Not trying to knock any of the youngsters but the Forum crew is more Mature and most of the people I talk to get their guitars built there. Just saying, If you want a Guitar built for yourself check them out.[thumbup]

I said I wouldn't buy a Gibson with humbuckers.

None of those have humbuckers.

This one doesn't have humbuckers either:

Gibson-Melody-Maker-Special-Blue-Stain.jpg

If you ask me, this is perfection from Gibson. They should put more time into this kind of guitar and less into ten different LP standard style guitars.

In all honesty i really do like that but i already have a Two pup MM. [mellow]

Sorry but I can't stand the toy-ish body of a MM, NOT the same thickness of a Jr.

I want a LP Jr double cutaway with a single P90 but until I understand why those are $1,300 while the single cutaway is much cheaper I will not buy one.

Steve, so I see you got your guitar. Have you posted it? I will look up the thread.

Sorry but I can't stand the toy-ish body of a MM, NOT the same thickness of a Jr.

I want a LP Jr double cutaway with a single P90 but until I understand why those are $1,300 while the single cutaway is much cheaper I will not buy one.

Steve, so I see you got your guitar. Have you posted it? I will look up the thread.

No not yet. Expecting it in Febuary. I was just trying to pass on to Thundergod, That buying a guitar from Heritage is buying a Guitar from the old Gibson Factory his way. I figure if I'm going to pay that kinda money I want it my way, ( So my guitar will be the only one like it in the world) Then paying top dollar for a name.I've got some nice Gibson guitars, But I'm steping back where guitars are made the way you want them instead of in a line. From the people I've talked with A lot of Heritage guitars are made for the individgual, Plus after asking how long it would take Gibson to do it and the price. One Year maybe longer and Top dollar. I'll get another Heritage built before I buy another Gibson. Sorry fella's but my heart's been stolen.:rolleyes:

Good for you but how do you know you will like the guitar if you don't have it yet?

Frankly to me the Heritage sales "model" for lack of a better word is just as much hype as any other brand, including Gibson.

There is something to be said for the personal attention you get though if that is what you like and if your goal is to have a guitar that no one else has.

My Les Paul R8 is at Joe Glaser's shop right now, the neck on it was huge, I am talking massive. I went to Joe's shop to get the neck shaped to my exact liking and after 3 visits for me to try the guitar they got that neck perfect. Exactly what I wanted. Definitely a good experience.

Good for you but how do you know you will like the guitar if you don't have it yet?

Frankly to me the Heritage sales "model" for lack of a better word is just as much hype as any other brand, including Gibson.

There is something to be said for the personal attention you get though if that is what you like and if your goal is to have a guitar that no one else has.

My Les Paul R8 is at Joe Glaser's shop right now, the neck on it was huge, I am talking massive. I went to Joe's shop to get the neck shaped to my exact liking and after 3 visits for me to try the guitar they got that neck perfect. Exactly what I wanted. Definitely a good experience.

Well a Navy friend has a H535 and H157 Goldtop with P-90's. I said I would never get a LP, but his is sweet and shut me up. Both were beautiful and sounded great. Your right, I don't have mine yet but if it's as nice as his is I'll be very satisfied. Plus I loved his 535 So if I'm as happy with the Millinnum DC as I hope to be , The 535 will be the next one I have built.

I am just the anxious type, I have bought guitars online and I have returned three Gibsons for different reasons but I'd be too anxious to order a guitar built from a shop that is not in town. I guess if you know exactly what neck you want on it is no big deal.

I was really anxious about taking my R8 to the shop but they did a great job and I was able to work with them closely.

I hope this guitar is all you wanted it to be, I don't blame you for looking elsewhere, my last Gibson purchase, an SG had a lot of cosmetic issues.

I am just the anxious type, I have bought guitars online and I have returned three Gibsons for different reasons but I'd be too anxious to order a guitar built from a shop that is not in town. I guess if you know exactly what neck you want on it is no big deal.

I was really anxious about taking my R8 to the shop but they did a great job and I was able to work with them closely.

I hope this guitar is all you wanted it to be, I don't blame you for looking elsewhere, my last Gibson purchase, an SG had a lot of cosmetic issues.

Riffster I know how you feel, The last guitar, The ES-339 is a beautiful guitar but those 57 hummbuckers don't sound right with any of my songs, I've had it out about a half dozen times to try it with my voice and amps but no doing. So I waited 3 months for that one to be built after the floods but I'll probably have to get rid of it at the same time I get rid of my big Peavey amps. When I was playing on stage the SP-4's are killer because of the 15 in Black Widow's in them, Also the 15" scorpins in the monitors. But it just takes up to much space in my garage. I'm looking at the new BOSE system. Like I said if I'm happy with the new Millinnum DC guitar with my fixens, I'll get the H535 next. I dont know maybe even the H157.:rolleyes:

Thundergod, If you want to get them built your way and can wait. Go to Jay Wolfe and get it built in the old Gibson Factory your way. It might not have the Gibson name but you get a top quality Gutiar Built just for you just like the old Gibsons were built. Not trying to knock any of the youngsters but the Forum crew is more Mature and most of the people I talk to get their guitars built there. Just saying, If you want a Guitar built for yourself check them out.[thumbup]

Thanks Steven, I'll check them out, I don't really care about the logo (I'd prefer it if they didn't have THAT logo LOL)

[tongue]

Archived