Gibson Brands Forums

If Santa's sack was big enough...what would be your dream rig?

S t e v e

- Bogner Uberschall

- Ibanez Iceman (with OFR tremolo bridge)

- Ibanez Iceman (with hardtail bridge)

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

- MXR Analog Chorus

- ISP Decimator

- TC Flashback Delay

- MXR Distortion + (for boosting)

Can't really think of anything else. Of course, I'd also want the most recent version of Cakewalk Sonar, so I could record my stuff. A bass would be nice too. I'd love an Ibanez SR5006E six-string bass. And a Marshall MB450H bass head. That would probably do it.

Oh, and a mic. An SM57 would probably work for me.

First of all, Santa's bag is Majic, and therefore big enough for any rig. Now that that's been addressed....

A new LP Custom Classic in Antique Natural.

An Egnater Tourmaster Combo

A full set of cables from Tsunami Cables

and an EH Memory Toy or Memory Boy.

Those Tourmasters are monsters of everything......I have the half stack.............

Egnater has the instant rebates, and online music stores are doing their best to sell stuff.......

Pretend you are Santa and treat yourself...........I know you deserve it...........

Those Tourmasters are monsters of everything......I have the half stack.............

Egnater has the instant rebates, and online music stores are doing their best to sell stuff.......

Pretend you are Santa and treat yourself...........I know you deserve it...........

Thanks Damian [thumbup] I really could use a good tube amp.

A G&L Comanche, various Carvin guitars and amps ( a CS6, SH, DC127, X100b, and a Legacy ), an old Ampeg V-7, Marshalls ( late 60s Plexis, both in 100w, 50w, Superlead, and Superbass variation, a Silver Jubilee, Vintage Modern, and a good 800 2203 from 1981-85 ), a Soldano SLO 100 with KT66 tubes, a Cornford MK50, original 5E3 Deluxe, 58' high-powered Twin, 70s LP Customs ( one in vintage sunburst with gold hardware and t-top pups, and another in cherry sunburst with triple Dimarzio Super Distortions so I can be like the extra terrestrial that we all know and love ), an original Maxon-made Ibanez TS9, a CAE wah, 80s era TC 2290 delay, a Fuchs ODS-100, original script logo Dyna Comp and Phase 90, Xotic AC Booster, an original EP-3 Echoplex, Maxon pedals ( OD-9, CS-550, PT-999, and CP-9 ), and a Polytune but my dream live rig would be a good Les Paul or Strat into a Dunlop Volume Pedal with the Polytune in the tuner out going into the CAE wah, Maxon compressor, PT999, CS-550 chorus, OD-9, AC Booster ( all powered by a Pedal Power 2+ and sitting upon a Trailertrash pedalboard ) hitting the front end of the SLO-100 I mentioned earlier sitting atop an Avitar 4x12 with some WGS Retro 30s and with a TC D-Two rack delay in the fx loop ( controlled by a Rocktron MIDI Mate ) and powered by a Furman Power Conditioner. And then you'd all come watch my band give ya a night of good rockin'!

May have just got mine . . .

Developed a loud HISS on my Rebel 30 clean channel so it's off for warranty repair and thought I would try the new 40W Tweaker on the MF return policy in the meantime since it had $100 rebate plus 15% MF discount.

This thing is [thumbup]

Looks like I'll be selling someone a great gently used and freshly refurbished Rebel 30 for Xmas.

Wouldn't mind a new Strat though. Already pretty blessed on the guitar front but like the feel of the new American Deluxes though I would probably have to put true "Vintage" noiseless pups in it.

And there's always more Carvins to have. Still want a SH550. Made the mistake of playing one awhile back. [love]=D>

Archived