Gibson Brands Forums

Live From St. Louis, Missouri

L5Larry

From the Shameless Self-Promotion Department.

I've got a run of gigs in St. Louis to end out the year, and want to make sure to send out a personal invite to all our STL members. I've got two big band jazz concerts this week, an acoustic blues gig next week, and New Years Eve with the full electric blues band. Come out and join the madness.

Wednesday, November 30, 8:00 p.m.

Meramec Jazz Band

Black Cat Theatre

2810 Sutton Blvd.

Maplewood, MO 63143

Tickets - $10, ($5 with student ID) available at the door.

Come hear the power of a 20+ piece jazz "big band" playing the great charts of yesteryear and today. We will be playing two full sets, with intermission. The Black Cat Theatre is a "cabaret" style theater (table seating, upholstered chairs), with full bar service and plenty of on-site free parking. The program for this show consists of tunes by Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Buddy Rich, Cole Porter, Hoagy Carmichael, John Coltrane, Diane Shuur, AND MORE. The guitar arsenal for this concert will be the L-5CES and the 1960 Stratocaster.

Next up:

Sunday, December 4, 3:00 p.m.

Meramec Jazz Band

Meramec College Theater (west side of campus in the Humanities West bldg)

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Free - You can't beat that price

This is the fall music department presentation. Opening the concert will be the Meramec Symphonic Band.

For the acoustic blues lovers:

Thursday, December 8, 7:00 p.m.

Larry & Dan with the Blues Inquisition acoustic show.

Graham's Grill

600 W. Woodbine Ave.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Come early to get a good table and enjoy the fine Graham's Grill cuisine (we will). Music starts at 7:00 p.m. with a jazzy "dinner set". Joining Larry & Dan for the first set will be jazz violinist Bob Boedges. The guitars on display for this one will be my 1947 Gibson L-7 and Dan's shiny chrome dobro.

And the annual NYE gig:

Saturday, December 31, New Years Eve. 9:00 p.m.

Blues Inquisition w/ Gene Dobbs Bradford

First Night St. Louis

Third Baptist Church, across from the Fox Theater, Grand and Washington.

Purchase of "Event Buttons" required.

Blues Inquisition has again been asked to be a part of this great event. "First Night St. Louis" is a alcohol free, family friendly New Years Eve event spread throughout Grand Center and the SLU campus, with musical performances, performance art, interactive art, and TWO fireworks displays. Your event button gains you access to ALL venues, presentations and performances. I haven't yet decided what guitar I'm going to play on this one. I think maybe it's time to pull out the old Les Paul.

Come on out and say "Hi".

Archived