Gibson Brands Forums

Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles

Duende

This is from Carlos' latest classical guitar album Magical mystery guitar tour! Classical Guitar arrangement of music by the Beatles - Carlos is a very gifted arranger as well as performer. He is probably (with Bream) my favourite established classical guitarist.

This is from Carlos' latest classical guitar album Magical mystery guitar tour! Classical Guitar arrangement of music by the Beatles - Carlos is a very gifted arranger as well as performer. He is probably (with Bream) my favourite established classical guitarist.

Lovely! A great song, is always a great song, no matter how it's done.

"Beatles" tunes always seem to trans genre's rather well. [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Lovely! A great song, is always a great song, no matter how it's done.

"Beatles" tunes always seem to trans genre's rather well. [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

They do don't they! [biggrin]

not the Beatles , but another great band, here is Carlos' arrangement of Queen's Love Of My Life and also his version of Albeniz's famous piece Asturias!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfCtdBMct4&feature=channel_video_title

Although the Beatles worked in Pop/Rock the beauty of their songs (often missed by the casual listener) becomes so evident when moved to a classical setting. Great stuff!msp_thumbup.gif

I agree. I actually think the extremely rare thing about the Beatles (rare for popular music that is) is that if you strip a song down bare; I.e just to the melody and harmony of the song, it still stands up as a interesting piece of composition ... The 'skeleton' of the piece has tremendous substance! This is why I believe musicians will performing The Beatles music in hundreds of years :)

Matt

IMO one of the main reasons the Beatles were so strong as songwriters

Was John and Paul's competence on both guitar and keyboards

Giving them both a strong feel for harmony and the all important accompanying bass notes

And the vibrant intelligent spirit which is timeless.....

V

:-({|=

Archived