Gibson Brands Forums

One of my favourite Clapton's song

awel

Ouch! Did i hear a major clam at 1:41 seconds...? [blink]

I think you did. Love how he get's off that note like he stepped on a hot coal from a campfire.

Very comforting to know that no one is safe from clams and gremlins, not even even Eric Clamton....I Mean Clapton. [flapper]

You're a true die hard. I'm sure he would appreciate your devotion, if only he knew. I'm not criticizing, btw.

Devotion? Because I like Lay Down Sally and find Wonderful Tonight to be the most romantic song ever written? Devotion would be saying, "There's nothing wrong with "August" or "Behind the Sun".

Devotion? Because I like Lay Down Sally and find Wonderful Tonight to be the most romantic song ever written? Devotion would be saying, "There's nothing wrong with "August" or "Behind the Sun".

Haha! That's funny. They were both departures from his norm but there were things on both albums I liked. No accounting for taste.

Haha! That's funny. They were both departures from his norm but there were things on both albums I liked. No accounting for taste.

That's the thing with a guy like Clapton, he explores so much territory there's no way to like it all. I can appreciate it all, but some of the Greg Phillinganes stuff leaned a little too heavily on the keyboard.

That's the thing with a guy like Clapton, he explores so much territory there's no way to like it all. I can appreciate it all, but some of the Greg Phillinganes stuff leaned a little too heavily on the keyboard.

I agree. It may be an unpopular view but I wasn't a fan of Andy Fairweather Low. It wasn't that I thought he lacked talent but I just didn't enjoy his style. On the other hand, I'm sure Ray cooper must have some compromising pics of EC, jk. He is useless and makes a spectacle of himself on stage. He exemplifies the statement, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit".

Well, I have never heard that before :rolleyes:, but I did enjoy it very much.

My favourite tracks by Eric are generally from the Cream years.

and on the subject of "wonderful tonight" I would just like to say, with all due respect to Eric (if you are reading this) and to all those who would call him a god.

In my humble opinion, wonderful tonight, and your cover of swing low sweet chariots were just a load of old PANTS.

knickers%2Bon%2Bline.jpg

I agree. It may be an unpopular view but I wasn't a fan of Andy Fairweather Low. It wasn't that I thought he lacked talent but I just didn't enjoy his style. On the other hand, I'm sure Ray cooper must have some compromising pics of EC, jk. He is useless and makes a spectacle of himself on stage. He exemplifies the statement, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit".

LOL, I actually kind of enjoy Ray Coopers B.S. But it is just stage antics. I mean, how much soul can you put into a triangle hit? [rolleyes] It took me a while to warm up to Andy Fairweather Low, he's my least favorite Clapton sideman, I'm partial to Phil Palmer and (of course) Robert Cray. Which brings me to my favorite thing about Clapton, he has no desire to shine as an individual when he pickss out a band, he tries to surround himself with equals for the benefit of the entire show. Since the beginning he's always raised his personal bar. That, more than his playing, has been a major influence on me.

EC was never comfortable, as "The Man," (band leader, front man, etc.), he would have,

from all accounts, been perfectly happy, doing the "sideman," gig. But, he stepped up,

as needed, even if reluctantly, at first. And...He's proven to be a good organizer,.as

well ("Concert for George," as one example), along with being an inspiring player. One

of my favorite's, for sure! Always has been... [biggrin]

CB

Archived