Gibson Brands Forums

this is a real ace or just a fake

Dan41

It looks ok and genuine. It's a lot of money to have it posted. Unless you can collect, I'd leave it.

las... I'm just curious here. What do your eyes see on the back of the guitar, just below the point where the heel joins the body? I zoomed in on the area as much as I could, but the resolution is not great.

Regards,

J/W

B)

las... I'm just curious here. What do your eyes see on the back of the guitar, just below the point where the heel joins the body? I zoomed in on the area as much as I could, but the resolution is not great.

Regards,

J/W

B)

Yeah - There's some marks there. Smudges? Clamp marks like you wondered? You'd think they could clean up the guitar a little better considering it's so nice.

It looks real to me, BUT, there are some marks that almost look like clamp bruises over the tenon joint on the back of the guitar in pics #3 and #4.

I'm a bit suspicious of that...

J/W

:-k

looks genuine to me.

i see your point, i'd be more inclined to say a bad guitar stand, I seen that sort of thing before where the top butt of the stand rests on that spot.

good eyes though, on first viewing it looked like it just needed a clean

looks genuine to me.

i see your point, i'd be more inclined to say a bad guitar stand, I seen that sort of thing before where the top butt of the stand rests on that spot.

good eyes though, on first viewing it looked like it just needed a clean

[thumbup]It's my ARs, Baby... my ARs! [thumbup]

I admit it!

J/W

#-o

Archived