Gibson Brands Forums

Wanted: A new Gibson Amp

Hoiekvam

Fender claims they matched guitars to amps. Gibson guitars are unique. Why doesn't Gibson develop a great tube amp to match P-90's and give the competition a run for their money. No guitar sounds like a Gibson. Why not an amp that can claim the same?

• 3 months later...

Gibson Amps Are Good! This Is A very very late Post but Yes, Its Very Great to have A Gibson Amp In Your Arsenal If You Want A Gibson Amp Go to Gibson.com And Search "Amps" Of course here Is One of them 1 Gibson AmpI Don't Really there Are Much Gibson Amps Out There. I tried Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, The Real Music Store, Gibson.com Search An Amp you Like And Yes, There Are Not Really Many Gibson Guitar Amps Out There. Here Is My Suggestion Go To Guitarcenter.com Here is The Link For You: Guitar Amplifiers The link i gave you Went Directly to GuitarCenter.com And gave you A HUGE Selection of Amps Choose One You Like!! Enjoy Purchasing! :lol:

-Joshua Calicdan

• 1 month later...

Fender claims they matched guitars to amps. Gibson guitars are unique. Why doesn't Gibson develop a great tube amp to match P-90's and give the competition a run for their money. No guitar sounds like a Gibson. Why not an amp that can claim the same?

#1, that's just a marketing strategy, and

#2 probably because of the never ending love affair most Gibson owners have with Marshall amps.

Gibson has never really ventured all that deeply into the amp side of the product offering.

The closest they got was about 10 years ago when they bought trace elliot and started to make Gibson Goldtones.

but, they're really not doing a lot there these days.

I guess the idea is, do one thing, do it good?

• 6 months later...

#1, that's just a marketing strategy, and

#2 probably because of the never ending love affair most Gibson owners have with Marshall amps.

Gibson has never really ventured all that deeply into the amp side of the product offering.

The closest they got was about 10 years ago when they bought trace elliot and started to make Gibson Goldtones.

but, they're really not doing a lot there these days.

I guess the idea is, do one thing, do it good?

Maybe. I tried one of the Super Goldtones at a guitar store a few years back, and let's just say I totally understand why Joe Perry was using them for a couple of tours. I hope to find another one, and NOT let it get away this time.

Maybe. I tried one of the Super Goldtones at a guitar store a few years back, and let's just say I totally understand why Joe Perry was using them for a couple of tours. I hope to find another one, and NOT let it get away this time.

They are probably "findable" but there not going to be a dime a dozen. I have the GA30RVS, Great sounding rig, but you don't want to be hauling this bad boy around, it's about 9 lbs shy of 100LBS

• 4 months later...

They are probably "findable" but there not going to be a dime a dozen. I have the GA30RVS, Great sounding rig, but you don't want to be hauling this bad boy around, it's about 9 lbs shy of 100LBS

That's why they make road cases with wheels isn't it? LOL :P

Actually my GA15-RV is plenty loud for most gigs but nothing sounds quite as joyous as that GA30RVS with a Gibson guitar wailing through it :o

I just love the Goldtone series because they are such a classy looking amp in addition to sounding great! They're just WIN WIN WIN in every way possible. I am sad that Gibson doesn't offer these anymore. :(

ya but,, the road case adds at least another 50 lbs....

[scared]

nothing sounds quite as joyous as that GA30RVS with a Gibson guitar wailing through it

When I first got my GA30RVS, I un-boxed it, put it in the living room, turned it on, plugged in my LP Stnd, and after letting it warm up at a moderate volume I cranked it (like 3 o'clock) and, pulled out the "gain" control, slammed out a power chord. We had two dogs at the time, (big ones, A Shepard and a Siberian) and they were always close by and they seemed to like the music - not that day,, I have never seen them bolt of a room faster. It was punishingly loud. That amp should be classified as a WMD.

This in fact was the second goldtone I was sent, UPS annihilated the first one, it arrived in about 25/30 pieces. I knew I was in for it when I opened the box and I heard glass rattling around... [mad] took about 3 months to get another one. but it worked out great because by then Gibson redesigned the cabinet, and the cosmetics going with the darker brown tolex and changed the speaker grills.

still love the amp.. Will never sell it. plus I bought a floor model initially (that's the one that was crushed) and I wound up with a brand spankin new one so it was quite a bit cheaper, all I had to do was be patient.

Karma!

ya but,, the road case adds at least another 50 lbs....

[scared]

nothing sounds quite as joyous as that GA30RVS with a Gibson guitar wailing through it

When I first got my GA30RVS, I un-boxed it, put it in the living room, turned it on, plugged in my LP Stnd, and after letting it warm up at a moderate volume I cranked it (like 3 o'clock) and, pulled out the "gain" control, slammed out a power chord. We had two dogs at the time, (big ones, A Shepard and a Siberian) and they were always close by and they seemed to like the music - not that day,, I have never seen them bolt of a room faster. It was punishingly loud. That amp should be classified as a WMD.

This in fact was the second goldtone I was sent, UPS annihilated the first one, it arrived in about 25/30 pieces. I knew I was in for it when I opened the box and I heard glass rattling around... [mad] took about 3 months to get another one. but it worked out great because by then Gibson redesigned the cabinet, and the cosmetics going with the darker brown tolex and changed the speaker grills.

still love the amp.. Will never sell it. plus I bought a floor model initially (that's the one that was crushed) and I wound up with a brand spankin new one so it was quite a bit cheaper, all I had to do was be patient.

Karma!

[laugh] WMD [thumbup]

Archived