Gibson Brands Forums

Musician's Friend Exclusions

badbluesplayer

So Musician's Friend has some deal going. I love the place, but their sale ads always show pictures of stuff that isn't included in the deal. It's pretty funny. The ad shows all this great stuff, except that the sale doesn't apply to Gibson, Marshall, Fender or Ampeg. Those are the only brands I notice in the picture right away.

Like I said, I love the place.

http://static.musiciansfriend.com/images/promoImages/MF%20Prom%20Images/LPages/MF_MD_LP4_givethegift_12-3-2011.jpg

:rolleyes:

Talk to them directly..........They will usually give you the same deals on "excluded" brands and items.......

Some manufactures do not want their products listed available below a certain amount or even to be

listed available on "extra off " coupon deals......M.F. usually will give the extra% off via phone orders.......

They don't always give you the deal on Gibson over the phone, I got my Explorer with a 20% discount in 2008 but this year they would not give me the discount on my SG, talked to a really nice guy, he checked with his Manager and all, no budge.

I called Sweetwater and told them that MF was giving the discount but I rather buy from them, Sweetwater agreed to the discount, 15% if I remember correctly.

And yea it is funny that they show those brands

usually almost everything but "store brands"(Rogue, Mitchell, Etc) are on the exclusion list......

the ad should really read......"X% off every store brand item in stock, you'll have to fight us for anything else" !!

i'll never EVER use MF again, because it took them a full MONTH and all but physical force to get them to release my $ back to my bank account on a cancelled order.......

They don't always give you the deal on Gibson over the phone, I got my Explorer with a 20% discount in 2008 but this year they would not give me the discount on my SG, talked to a really nice guy, he checked with his Manager and all, no budge.

I called Sweetwater and told them that MF was giving the discount but I rather buy from them, Sweetwater agreed to the discount, 15% if I remember correctly.

And yea it is funny that they show those brands

So you lied.

Archived