Gibson Brands Forums

Would it be ok if ...

Thundergod

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally think the lower/cutaway is much more accessible on a Tele than a Strat.

Me too... I dont know why but I find Teles very confortable to play with... more than any other guitar (ok, the exception may be the SG but that's it). I still love my les paul but my tele is just awesome (and at a very lower price). All this years I hated fenders... really hated them, now I see it was a matter of me buying the incorrect Fenders... now I want a Strat too! (will get her as soon as the finish I want arrives and I get to try one in that finish and like it as much as my tele)

Since we are on the subject of Telecasters' date=' would you Tele owners say they're better than Strats? I understand that they are two completely different guitars, but for someone who's considering buying his first Fender guitar (I really want something that's great for playing electric blues, specifically Hendrix, SRV, and some Chili Peppers) which would be better? I'm leaning towards a 62 Strat RI but Teles are really starting to grow on me. (I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding Fender guitars...)[/quote']

You'd do fine w/a Tele. Only thing I'd recommend is make sure you get one w/a Finger Board Radius w/which you are comfortable. Standard/Original Type Tele Radius is a very curved 7.25" (which I do not like AT ALL...just couldn't get use to it even after a couple of months), very diff from a 12" Gibson Radius, but Fender makes plenty of models w/9.5" & 12" Radi and even some Set Neck Tele Models w/15" Radi...you'll just need to research their models to figure out which one is for you.

Good luck finding the one that suits you!

Archived