Gibson Brands Forums

Strange signature in my Gibson U2

sev

:-k Looks like Raoul, the custodian's hand to me.

Story goes that Raoul was one of the most gifted up and comers in the factory until he was scared $hwitless by gun-toting federal officers. Gave him a bad case of PTSD.

He's too heavily medicated to work on the machines safely any more, but he's a great watchman, and the company kept him on...

But sometimes, late at night, when nobody's looking, Raoul longs for the glory days... he takes out his sharpie and signs a couple axes on the sly [thumbup] . QC doesn't seem to catch it. Either that, or they just let it pass, ( like so many other little things....).

FYI

J/W

;)

:-k Looks like Raoul, the custodian's hand to me.

Story goes that Raoul was one of the most gifted up and comers in the factory until he was scared $hwitless by gun-toting federal officers. Gave him a bad case of PTSD.

He's too heavily medicated to work on the machines safely any more, but he's a great watchman, and the company kept him on...

But sometimes, late at night, when nobody's looking, Raoul longs for the glory days... he takes out his sharpie and signs a couple axes on the sly [thumbup] . QC doesn't seem to catch it. Either that, or they just let it pass, ( like so many other little things....).

FYI

J/W

;)

Hahah wow, cool thanks :)

Interesting :-k , what other things does he signed?

Hopefully, somebody who actually knows what they are talking about will give you a serious answer.

To improve your odds of this happening, you might want to post a better pic,

Welcome to the forum, anyhow!

J/W

](*,) sorry, yep i will upload a better pick tomorrow ;)

Lots of times color codes or model types are written in there. But I would say that a worker on the line decided to sign their art. That's 100% speculation by the way but it's my best guess.

[confused]OOPS! Looks were back to ol' Raoul! [blink]

Hi, Searcy!

J/W

[biggrin]

• 3 months later...

Archived