Gibson Brands Forums

Share my pain ... Those first Imperfections :(

rbachman

Yes my fairly new Lefty 60's Tribute Honeyburst top got it's first "imperfection" [crying]

My Gibby J106-E tapped it the other day and I thought nothing of it but I looked at the top this weekend and darn the tops on the Tribute must be very soft!!

There is a slight dent that is visible head-on but not at all angles.

Oh well ... life goes on!

Hey another lefty!

dont feel too bad, the first MOJO mark always brings a tear to your eye but like it was said before you always remember them and its part of the chemistry between you and your guitar.

I remember the first day I got my SG I was playing it sitting at my computer desk, leaned over to grab the mouse and the guitar hit the edge of the desk [thumbdn] left a ding in the top. My SG was very soft!

My Les Paul on the other hand has a surface scratch of the back because I had a rock an roll moment with a guitar cab and didnt put my guitar away. I hurt my foot kicking the crap outta that cab afterwards but feet heal guitars dont. I look back now an laugh about it and since my les paul has a few more gigging scars but I wouldnt change her for the world!

I do feel your pain. I'm not a gigging musician, more of a collector/player, so my guitars usually stay in their cases. Forever I wanted a PRS and finally bought one, it was so gorgeous I couldn't enjoy playing it because I was afraid to scratch/bump/ding it in some way. I ended up selling it and going back to Fender.

I've been told that once you put the first scratch or ding in an expensive guitar, you stop worrying about it.

BigGreggo

Its weird, I think its cool to watch austin city limits and see someone playing a road worn guitar. It just looks like the dude/dudet has been paying their dues. BUT, I dont want mine to look like that. So I bought a Jackson USA Soloist new, and everyone said just be careful with the point. And sure enough I had the thing out of the case a minute and half and of course bumped the point into a freakin chair. I remember sitting there for a min just staring at the floor thinking, "you gotta be kidding".

So "I feel your pain".

Archived