Gibson Brands Forums

It's raining Epiphones!

dxdgenert

Decided to sell the '58 Korina Flying V to fund this beauty:

DSC03659.jpgDSC03660.jpg

2005 Les Paul Classic Quilt-Top.

Not mint but really close. I bought the V for $100 and sold it for $200 (should have waited for more), then bought this Classic for $200. SKB case included. Seemed too good to pass up! It is in need of a setup but that is all.

The top is really nice and it has a ton of growl and sustain... More than my Pro/FX.

That's crazy cheap [woot] ...

HNGD to you [thumbup]

Yeah, I scour Craigslist about 10-20 times a day. I have managed to buy/sell about 30 guitars in the past 3 years. I have a lot of fun getting them playable, cleaned and setup. I'm lucky to have the funds available and an understanding wife. I always make $100 per guitar (that is my deciding factor in purchasing) but usually try to double my money spent. My bread and butter is Mexican Strats. I buy them for $100-175 and can sell them for $225-300. My best score ever has been USA made Paul Reed Smith's for $400, I've done this twice! I figure that I've probably made approx. $4-5k total.

So NICE for the PRICE! I LOVE MY EPI LP Classic, fave git to play.

Excellent score. Must be nice, $^^$%!&%&!!!! [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

From Guitar and Gear Review thread in EPI Lounge:

Epiphone LES PAUL CLASSIC:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/71421-epiphone-les-paul-classic-quilt-top/

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/75141-2007-epiphone-les-paul-classic/

DSC03659.jpgDSC03660.jpg

Not mint but really close. I bought the V for $100 and sold it for $200 (should have waited for more), then bought this Classic for $200. SKB case included. Seemed too good to pass up! It is in need of a setup but that is all.

The top is really nice and it has a ton of growl and sustain... More than my Pro/FX.

Lovely!!! Beautiful top man. Unbelievable luck to get that at $200. What a gift!!

HNGD! [thumbup]

Yeah, I scour Craigslist about 10-20 times a day. I have managed to buy/sell about 30 guitars in the past 3 years. I have a lot of fun getting them playable, cleaned and setup. I'm lucky to have the funds available and an understanding wife. I always make $100 per guitar (that is my deciding factor in purchasing) but usually try to double my money spent. My bread and butter is Mexican Strats. I buy them for $100-175 and can sell them for $225-300. My best score ever has been USA made Paul Reed Smith's for $400, I've done this twice! I figure that I've probably made approx. $4-5k total.

That's pretty amazing. The CL around Philly is filled with sellers who price high and won't budge. They even say not to respond if you want to haggle in their ads. That wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't buy the same items at GC for the same or less with return privledges. Then they wonder why they have to repost their gear for months. There's even a guy in my area who's asking $400 for a bolt-neck plywood Epiphone Jr. It's yellow and has the older P90-style pickup so he thinks it's rare. I bought the same guitar last year for $80 w/ HSC.

Here's the ad, go figure: http://philadelphia....2709548115.html

Meanwhile, for $150 more I can buy a real Gibby Jr: http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/2718506504.html

DSC03659.jpgDSC03660.jpg

Wow. Thats one of the greatest Les Pauls i´ve ever seen. [thumbup] Congratulations.

So, he came down from $375 to $200? [confused]

Les Paul Quilt Top

Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt-Top made in Korea w/ case and extras! - $375 (Minneapolis)

No, the original seller wanted $250 but I negotiated with him down to $200. I am trying to resell the guitar. My goal is to keep "selling up" until I can back into a Gibson Les Paul or a nice Fender American Telecaster (more likely the Tele). Like I said, this is a little side hobby of mine that I use to fund bigger and better projects. Happy hunting and good luck to all of you... Keep looking, the deals are out there.

No, the original seller wanted $250 but I negotiated with him down to $200. I am trying to resell the guitar. My goal is to keep "selling up" until I can back into a Gibson Les Paul or a nice Fender American Telecaster (more likely the Tele). Like I said, this is a little side hobby of mine that I use to fund bigger and better projects. Happy hunting and good luck to all of you... Keep looking, the deals are out there.

I do the same thing. Always try to buy low on those guits that you feel you'll probably part with at some time in the future and have some profitability built in when it comes time to thin or change the herd. My best "deal" was a Gibson Smartwood STANDARD (very rare) that I bought at a Pawn America for $650 with the original HSC. They thought it was a studio model because there is next to nothing on the web about the Standard. Anyway, I sold it on Ebay for $2,200. Cha ching.

Great score on the LP. It's a beaut! [thumbup]

Sold the Quilt-Top for $350. I am getting close to another Epi LP Std. for $200 with hardshell case. We'll see what happens...

Great turn around, grats on that little deal, I totally envy you guys and the prices you can get things for, about the only thing I don't like about living in Oz.

Archived