Gibson Brands Forums

Would you Believe my SG Classic?

bluesguitar65

This was definately your coolest demo yet.

Ditch your Strats and stuff, man. You sound way better with an SG and some fuzz.

Also, I think I'm gonna have to build a green ringer now.

Yea???? I guess this is another transistion on my guitar choice. I'll take out all my Gibson SG's now. BTW....I just ordered this just released Lovepedal Fuzz yesterday. Stay tune for a demo soon. :)

http://lovepedal.com/pedals/SiFuzzmaster.html

Fuzzmaster1crop4.jpg

is it just me or are some of those tones produced by that pedal just plain random?

I like it, but it seems like a really unpredicatable pedal. [thumbup]

It may sound unpredictable, but really isn't. It is the only octave pedal that I've played that tracks smoothly when you play chords as well as single notes, as I demonstrated on the video. You can get all sorts of overtones by adjusting the volume and tone on your guitar. As well as changing between the pickups. I was doing that on the video as well.

It doesn't seem to be actually changing the pitch most of the time?

It doesn't really do an octave up.. If you want an actual octave you pretty much have to go digital.

Bluesguitar yeah keep goin for that SG. It sounds awesome. So what's the deal with that fuzz? What's it a clone of?

It doesn't really do an octave up.. If you want an actual octave you pretty much have to go digital.

Bluesguitar yeah keep goin for that SG. It sounds awesome. So what's the deal with that fuzz? What's it a clone of?

Its a Silicon fuzz. I think its a early 70s silicon fuzz face clone, but this particular one has an internal bias trim pot. I will get more details and post a usual youtube demo when I get it. Stay tune. I'm just Gassing all over the place, buying this and that.......

Here is a brief info on the fuzz from lovepedal.

Your quest for the ultimate Fuzz ends here.

The all new silicon version of the BBB07. Lots of players use it like an OD pedal or full on fuzz, even distortion..

The Silicon Fuzzmaster is a VERY sweet, smooth, silicon transistor based, fuzz that is warm, organic and sings with sustain. While it has an UN-mistakable vintage tendency, it also has a unique voice. Vintage Fuzz Face tonal heaven and everything in between, even tweed amp tones are in there.

Internal trim pot lets you select the bias at anytime. NEG center 9VDC input - 3mm RED status LED - Reverse audio taper DRIVE control

The Fuzzmaster uses a Mechanical True Bypass System with LED status.

That was ace, brother. Please keep demoing with the Classic. Fills my ears with joy to see someone else rocking one.

Glad you like it. I'm actually dusting out some of my SGs. I'm kinda leaning towards the SG 60s tribute with P90s also. I like the slimmer neck on it and it has a very unique tone compared to the classic.

Glad you like it. I'm actually dusting out some of my SGs. I'm kinda leaning towards the SG 60s tribute with P90s also. I like the slimmer neck on it and it has a very unique tone compared to the classic.

The SG Classic is my favorite electric guitar of all time. People can keep their $2,000 Les Pauls - I owned one once - as long as I can keep my $700 Classic. To me, there is nothing like it.

Archived