Gibson Brands Forums

Any thoughts on this" Master Museum Masterpiece Ren Ferguson"

Del Nilppeznaf

its definately a work of art , to much bling for my taste , its almost as bad as the millionth martin thats worth googling if your into all that rhinestone stuff,....., but what about that back ? thats really beautiful wood.

i also love those tuners , if i wanted open tuners for my j45 what would i be googling?

Very nice guitar, but I'm not sure it qualifies as a Master Museum Acoustic. For example, every true Master Museum Acoustic I've seen has a carved heel and fancy tuners. I think this is "just" a fancy custom.

That said, a 64.000DM (= $40,000 in 1994) original price is Master Museum-level, unless European prices were even higher relative to U.S. prices then than now. (I would have guessed a price around half of that, based on the trim level. But I'm not an expert.) If I were going to buy a Ren-built custom as an investment -- which is what the description sort of suggests doing -- it wouldn't be this one.

-- Bob R

I would have to say YES it is, This Butterfly is a Ren Built Guitar.. Not all had Carved heels.. But carved heels are his specialty for sure.... I remember that Guitar in the Vault at Gibson Montana along with a Few others that when I was there talking to Ren , he said he had Done a few, Much nicer than this one too..... and they were all sold to a Huge Collector in Germany, The Collector has many others as well.. along with a Carved Rose SJ200. Youll never see another like it... .. that SJ200 Guitar is Beautiful.... I had My Mitts on that Butterfly.. Thats a sweet Guitar...

Archived