Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
batwing

Mini - humbucker replacements Riviera

Any advice or experiences on replacing the pickups in my MIC Riviera?

I'm leaning toward Lollars because of the replacements I put in my avri jazzmaster which are a big improvement to the stock fenders.

I'm all ears.

I'm all ears.

Is that how you earned your nickname, LOL ?

Sorry can't help on the Lollars, but there's some avid fans of them here, I'm sure they'll chime in when they notice the thread.

Any advice or experiences on replacing the pickups in my MIC Riviera?

I'm leaning toward Lollars because of the replacements I put in my avri jazzmaster which are a big improvement to the stock fenders.

I'm all ears.

I think you may have answered your own question...since you love the Lollar replacements,

on your other guitar. They make excellent pickups. "I" would, most likely, get Gibson

Mini's, myself. All of those, I've heard, and owned, have been great! But, that's just me!

I have a '76 LP Deluxe, and AIUSA Epi Sheraton, both will Gibson Mini's. They're awesome!

CB

I’m sure the Lollar’s are great. I had a set of their P-90’s in an Epi ’56 Gold Top before. I was lucky enough to find one that came with them. But I couldn’t spend $300 on pu’s for my MIC Riviera. So I put GFS Fat Mini’s in mine. $36/ea. plus shipping. They are an improvement over the stock ones – there’s more beef to the tones. And the main benefit to me is the 4 conductor wiring. I put in a push/pull switch to coil cut the back coils of each pu. Add the B60 Bigsby and now I have a seriously versatile Riviera. Anyway, just another option in case $ is any concern.