Gibson Brands Forums

Strange buzz /vibration A string

flatestring

Hi flatestring. Common problem on epis is for the saddle screw to rattle or buzz. Your diagnostic 'relieving factor' would tend to suggest this as a possible cause. You can try tightening the screw just to make sure it's tight, without moving the saddle and affecting the intonation, to see if this stops the buzz.

I put Loctite 'Lock n Seal' thread seal on my Sheraton's saddle screws as most of mine will buzz. I will get a better bridge when I can afford it.

And, it could be a dodgy string.

could also be the retaining wire that holds the saddle screws in. assuming its not coming from the the string rattling on the frets.

+1. I forgot this, I haven't had my Sheraton out of its case for ages, I'm currently loving my strat. On cheap tuneamatics with wires I take a flat head screwdriver and push down on the wire inbetween each screw head, bending it slightly to ensure that it's making a firm contact.

+1. I forgot this, I haven't had my Sheraton out of its case for ages, I'm currently loving my strat. On cheap tuneamatics with wires I take a flat head screwdriver and push down on the wire inbetween each screw head, bending it slightly to ensure that it's making a firm contact.

This worked for me on my '07 LP .... the stupid retaining wire was vibrating/buzzing.....easy enough fix for a dumbarse design.

Archived