Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a $1200 Xmas Bonus What should I get?

bluesguitar65

Not to try and derail the thread, but why would you buy gold at such an inflated price like it is right now? It would seem like a smarter investment to buy it once the economy stabilizes and gold returns to a more normalized price.

It's a valid question. The pessimist in me sees us being in a hole for at least another decade so buy now. If you've got it good now I would fortify my rainy day fund. Just don't do something stupid like buying gold coins.

It's a valid question. The pessimist in me sees us being in a hole for at least another decade so buy now. If you've got it good now I would fortify my rainy day fund. Just don't do something stupid like buying gold coins.

A decade is being optimistic, in my opinion of course.

Here's a project...

Purchase 2 or 3 'well assembled' cheap guitars like Squier, Tokai etc

And with flair and ingenuity

Turn them into great sounders and players with upgrades to electrics, P/U's etc

Resulting in an exciting Xmas break....

V

:-({|=

Buy gold at $1800 an ounce? The idea is to buy low, sell high.

If you haven't already, these mini-head stacks are just cool. I keep bragging on Egnater's stuff but there are lots to be had now.

If you don't own any Carvins, I got my TL60T with book matched, flamed claro walnut, and all built to my specs for $1.3K and change. A piezo Wilkinson tremolo bridge ~ dual HB setup with coil splitters and a blend function for the piezo, 50/50 to all in or all out, plus a in/out phase switch. Quite universal guitar. Covers near acoustic to Tele to Strat to LP tones.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd get a set of Searcy's pickups........................................ [thumbup] [thumbup]

and an Atlas Stand...................................................................................... [thumbup][biggrin][thumbup]

then something

sweet for dem00n................................................................................................................................................................................................... [lol][love][lol][blink][scared]

Thanks Silenced Fred for speaking out:)

I just did my first interview, super stoked. I was so friggin nervous, lol

http://gearpipe.com/interview-with-josh-childers-of-atlas-stands/

maybe get yourself something nice with half of it, and spread the rest around to people you love and who have supported you lately.

Archived