Gibson Brands Forums

Well its almost Christmas, so post pics of your gear.

dem00n

y'all have some really great gear!!!!!!!

rigs i've used the most lately are:

GarysCam263.jpg

the ceramic 496N makes the Blues literally SING !

GarysCam261.jpg

this Mexi-Strat gets more playtime than my Amer.Dlx. does, the cosmos must have been in alignment when "Blue" was assembled 'cause it's amazing!

GarysCam262.jpg

Sheraton II is really sweet thru this amp !!

GarysCam258.jpg

i have a wht pine back cover for this, waiting on UPS to bring some tweed & glue !

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't caught sight of your Res before.

Very cool. . B)

Dobro brand? - - Details? - - I've been thinking of acquiring one.

Thanks, yea it is a Dobro, this is the import version, I bought it with a 20% off coupon and bought a tweed classical guitar case for it on sale as well. Good instrment for the price but the first one I received was garbage, sent it back and this one has immaculate craftsmanship.

The only thing that pains me is that two months later an American version, which has an integrated pickup went for $100 more than I paid for mine, I would have bought the American version at the price in a heartbeat. People did not bid high on that eBay Dobro because it had the sticker on the headstock like the imports do but it was American made for sure going by the serial number, anyway mine is good but if you want to play it as a guitar it will be hard, the fret wire is low and thin. I play it with slide so I don't care.

1007230002.jpg

I'm just so damn proud of ya son. =D>[crying]

Just a few more to go.

2010.jpg

Hahaha your picture is so ridiculous. I bet you've added even more since then huh?

Twiz your pics are awesome. What's the story with that G&L(?) bass?

Guitarest that LP Custom looks sweet. Is that new?

Twiz your pics are awesome. What's the story with that G&L(?) bass?

Thanks man. Also, good eye. That is a G&L bass. It used to have a plain white pick guard. My girl had me the tortoise shell pick guard made. It's a really nice bass. I suck at playing it. The story behind it is I was doing some photography for a friend, and that was part of my payment. [thumbup]

IMO that is the better 5150 head released among the two released by Peavey. I have not played the 5150 III yet although one thing going for it, they have a 50 watt version.

Mine is currently running through the old Marshall 4X12 that has greenbacks installed. The JMD is running through the 2X12 with EV's installed.

I couldn't agree more. Mine is the 2nd version of the original. I believe the first ones had EVH in block letters. Mine has his signature. I want to get a new 4X12 for mine. I'm leaning towards a Carvin actually. They make one that has kind of a vintage look to it, and it's relatively inexpensive. I have read good things about those cabs. They're really well made.

Archived