Gibson Brands Forums

Well its almost Christmas, so post pics of your gear.

dem00n

Thanks man. Also, good eye. That is a G&L bass. It used to have a plain white pick guard. My girl had me the tortoise shell pick guard made. It's a really nice bass. I suck at playing it. The story behind it is I was doing some photography for a friend, and that was part of my payment. [thumbup]

I couldn't agree more. Mine is the 2nd version of the original. I believe the first ones had EVH in block letters. Mine has his signature. I want to get a new 4X12 for mine. I'm leaning towards a Carvin actually. They make one that has kind of a vintage look to it, and it's relatively inexpensive. I have read good things about those cabs. They're really well made.

Cool. The pickguard looks sweet. I've actually been mostly playing bass in my little band lately. Been rockin a MIJ Mustang through a couple fuzzboxes. I bet that P-bass has more low end though. Those things are beasts.

About the Carvin 4x12, I can attest that they're good quality nice sounding cabs. My buddy has an old carpet x100b with the matching 4x12 and it's an awesome sounding amp. It's really nice and solid too. If shipping wouldn't be so expensive he'd sell it to you for hella cheap too

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my favourite guitar on the forum, just beautiful.

Thanks! It called to me when I first saw it. I also loved the sound of it. This was my first "real" guitar purchase. I had the Sonex since I was 13 but I always wanted a real Les Paul. It was a GC exclusive (black cherry).

Sat, I had a Classic just like that and it was my work horse back in the 80s. Built like a tank and aside from changing tubes once it never gave me one problem. Wish I still had her.

Yeah I had one back in the 80s too, but sold it in early 90s after I got married. :( I saw this one on CL a few months ago and picked it up cheap. It's about a 1979 from what I can tell and still has original tubes. The only thing is that the Phase doesn't work and I don't have the foot pedal. Maybe if I get a pedal, it will "turn on" the Phaser effect. :-k

Well here's what I've got right now. I feel like I've been posting the same pics for years now, but I've got a little spending money over christmas break so while I'm off from school I'm going to update my pedal board and try and replace the tele with a tele, or at least one that suits my needs more appropriately. If you'd like to see more pics just click the link in my sig.

Guitars...

6023403711_bd7504d120.jpg

6023805046_82b96699da.jpg

6023985502_459e6641c0.jpg

6024052156_5986b3933c.jpg

Pedal Board...

6023547819_78be46a6d0.jpg

Some of you should be professional photographers. A while back Caliman was one of a very small bunch of people here who would take great pictures. From the colors used in the back ground to the picture being perfectly balanced. Looking through this thread there are a few more to add to the list of real photographers.

This one is my favorite guitar shot.

pa050153.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-10-05

Yeah bluesguitar I built a lot of them. I guess since a lot of them aren't labelled I'll tell you what they all are and maybe give a brief description for some

From left to right, top row: DIY square wave tremolo, Dr Scientist Cosmichorus (<3), Fulltone OCD clone, Skreddy Supa Tone (an awesomeBig Muff variant), DAM Meathead clone, Strymon El Capistan (best delay pedal evahh), Devi Ever Hyperion

Next row down: DIY Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer (insane oscillating fuzz), DIY "civil war" Big Muff with mids control, Boss CE-3, Zvex Super Hard On, Devi Ever Torns Peaker (one of my favorite fuzzes), Zvex Super Duper 2 in 1 clone, Dunlop Hendrix Crybaby

Zvex Fuzz Factory

Bottom row: smallsound/bigsound **** overdrive (best overdrive evah), ProCo Rat clone (with LM308, reutz mod, and diode switching options), Zvex Woolly Mammoth clone, EHX/Sovtek Big Muff, Effector 13 33 (gated fuzz), point to point wired Devi Ever Soda Meiser clone with chaos switch.

^ nice rig dude

that Norlin SG looks sweet. The Superfuzz is the perfect compliment to it, so props on the Omicron Fuzz. I bet the drop tune sounds rad as hell with the fuzz.

I dunno much about the Blackstar but they basically sound like Marshalls right? Dope

thanks! i did a lot of subtle things to my Norlin to 'clean up' it's look while adding to the vintage feel.

i love the Malekko and it is quite versatile... and the DropTune gets me into fuzz bass range.

the Blackstar has its own sound. if anything, it sounds like a *modded* Marshall and also has modern high gain tones. decent cleans, can get somewhat Voxey, amazingly versatile. upgrading tubes improved the sound drastically as well, much more open and less compressed.

nice SG... what year is that Standard? the pointer, box knobs and ABR-1 got me curious.

It's a 1994 Standard. It was my first 'real' guitar. I love that thing. Originally, it had reflector knobs, but I like speed knobs better, except on my Flying V. [cool]

*Edit* Cool Blackstar. Those amps are pretty awesome from what I've read about 'em.

This is an old snap but I haven't taken a new family snap when everything was here; somethings always been away for some reason.

Anyhow;

The black Strat copy has now gone from this group;

Sofashotv2-1.jpg

This arrived in it's place;

LPBStratwhole.jpg

As did this;

R9unframed.jpg

1979 MM 2x12 sixty-five. Bought it ex-demo in 1980;

MM2x12lo-res.jpg

And this is the newest arrival;

Lo-resamp3-quarter.jpg

P.