Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

The Prettiest SG G-310


Recommended Posts

Ever get sick of your boring old guitar?

 

Well i sure did!

 

Added the vines of life and humbucker covers.

 

Oddly enough the covers have barely effected the sound at all.

 

and the vines of life fret inlays are actually decals but they are

so thin that when you play you cant feel them and they are so strong

that constant playing doesnt damage them.

 

hbnneck.jpg

 

guitarneck.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always wondered how those stick ons would hold up, look like a very classy SG now, that's for sure, well done mate.

 

Agreed! [thumbup] You have LOTS of patience, and it shows. Stellar work on the

"inlays" - or should they be called "outlays"? HOW LONG did the project take???

AND, out of curiosity, how did you attach your HB Covers?

 

I added a couple of "+" to your effort. Deserves to be recognized!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed! [thumbup] You have LOTS of patience, and it shows. Stellar work on the

"inlays" - or should they be called "outlays"? HOW LONG did the project take???

AND, out of curiosity, how did you attach your HB Covers?

 

I added a couple of "+" to your effort. Deserves to be recognized!

 

aw thanks [flapper]

 

the "outlays" took about 30 minutes to put on, could of done them quicket but i wanted to be fairly carefull.

 

The HB covers were simple, took them out, lay a soft cloth on the top of the guitar, used a sort of silicone (fairly unorthodox, but it works, i've seen others who have done it)

and then put pressurized rubber nubbed clamps on them to hold the covers to the pickups and let the silicone cure for a few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed! [thumbup] You have LOTS of patience, and it shows. Stellar work on the

"inlays" - or should they be called "outlays"? HOW LONG did the project take???

AND, out of curiosity, how did you attach your HB Covers?

 

I added a couple of "+" to your effort. Deserves to be recognized!

 

aw thanks [flapper]

 

the "outlays" took about 30 minutes to put on, could of done them quicket but i wanted to be fairly carefull.

 

The HB covers were simple, took them out, lay a soft cloth on the top of the guitar, used a sort of silicone (fairly unorthodox, but it works, i've seen others who have done it)

and then put pressurized rubber nubbed clamps on them to hold the covers to the pickups and let the silicone cure for a few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...