Gibson Brands Forums

Case problem ES-300

Cyril

Hi guys!

I'm the owner of a blond ES-300 from 1950, with 2 P-90. It has its original case, but this case is in a bad state. I'm desperate to find a new case that fits the size of this quite huge guitar. Can anybody help me with a link or a name and a reference? Thanks a lot. Cyril, from Paris, France

Gibson currently contracts a company called TKL to make the cases that new Gibson guitars come in. You can buy TKL cases from many on-line retailers.

To ensure proper fit, I would e-mail TKL with model number and dimensions of your guitar, and ask them for the stock number of the cases they make to fit your guitar. Generally they make three grades of each size case... good, better, best. Once you have the TKL stock numbers, you can shop on-line to find an EU retailer, or at least one that can ship to France. TKL may also be able to assist in finding a retailer in your area.

I have bought two TKL replacement cases this way recently (on-line from First Quality Music), and both were a perfect fit. I will also be replacing my banjo case with a TKL when budget allows.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I do, I'm french!

thank you.

I need to speak with someone at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France in Paris, (audio-visual department), to obtain a copy of a 1940 recording they have in their collection; I have called them several times by phone from the USA but nobody speaks English.

can you help ?

Archived