Gibson Brands Forums

Crate Vintage club 30

EvoRider

I have ran across a crate vintage club 30 at a pawn shop and was wandering if anybody on here has ever owned one? And if it is a all around good tube amp or not.. I want to try out a tube amp but i dont have a lot of cash to lay down on one... I am just trying to find something cheap to fool around with ...

Bring your guitar to the pawn shop and plug in and test drive it. Thats the only way to see if its something you might purchase. Did a search and their are a few on Ebay for around 250.00 for a price. As for quality Crate hasn't been known for solid quality amps in decades. They are cheaper made amps.

Well it turns out to be a vintage club 50 instead of the 30 and i think they will take $200.00 for it.. Would that be worth the price if i like the sound of it ?

Last night, a newer Crate Vintage Club 60 2X12 came up for sale on our local craigslist for $250. It looks awesome, I think I'm going to give it a shot!

I have always had good luck with the older crate amps. Now i have had some trouble with the flexwave 120H but i sent it back and they sent me a new one and it works great and sounds great for a ss amp... Matter of a fact i still have my first bass amp and it is a crate bx-25 bass amp.. and after all these years still sounds great and still has the factory speaker...[biggrin]

Archived