Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement inlays?

Stevie Nazarenie

hi all,

i don't like trapezoids! [scared] i know it make be sacrilege to some. anyway has anyone here seen any kind of inlay that will be wide enough to cover the hole if i want to replace them? trapezoids are pretty wide...

on this guitar i see inlays that may be big enough but what are they called?

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/vintage-vsa575-semi-acoustic/7309

hi all,

i don't like trapezoids! [scared] i know it make be sacrilege to some. anyway has anyone here seen any kind of inlay that will be wide enough to cover the hole if i want to replace them? trapezoids are pretty wide...

on this guitar i see inlays that may be big enough but what are they called?

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/vintage-vsa575-semi-acoustic/7309

Hiya.

It seems that your main option is the block inlays. They usually come on the Les Paul & SG CUSTOMS style.

Check out the vinyl inlay transfers on Ebay. Roughly $10-$20. They should cover your Trapezoid

inlays, and should you change your mind, you can always peel 'em off. They're fairly easy to put on

and are quite durable. They're fairly smoothe and won't interfere with your playing.

They're a cheap alternative to getting your fretboard re-done. [thumbup]

Why not try the transfers first and see how it goes. There are heaps to chose from. If you don't like it you can always get a luthier to re-do your inlays later.

Good luck

Paul

A member had a story of his experience using stick ons, if they work this well for the vine inlays, I'm pretty sure they'll handle the block layout with no problems.

Vine Inlay Stick Ons

Yeah the stick on inlays worked fantastic, when playing I can't feel that they are there.

Heres where i got them from.

Inlays

Archived