Hi

and welcome here

you can contact them here at the forum,

they are members here

If you're in Europe 'StijnV' is your man [thumbup]

he is very helpful

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/user/6-customerservice/

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/user/15276-stijnv/

Thanks Pete - I'll give that a try (and I am in the US, not Europe)

Try the phone... Seriously, I hate when people complain about the speed of email responses when the company has a phone listed. Are we that disinclined to have human interaction that email has replaced the use of call centers, when available? The last time I contacted them, they were very helpful and sent a little care package for my trouble (there was a T-Shirt, as well, but I was wearing it during the photo):

DSC03670.jpg

One of the best companies I have had to deal with... We'd all be so lucky to have evryone follow their customer service model.

Try the phone... Seriously, I hate when people complain about the speed of email responses when the company has a phone listed. Are we that disinclined to have human interaction that email has replaced the use of call centers, when available? The last time I contacted them, they were very helpful and sent a little care package for my trouble (there was a T-Shirt, as well, but I was wearing it during the photo):

DSC03670.jpg

One of the best companies I have had to deal with... We'd all be so lucky to have evryone follow their customer service model.

Really? You hate that do you? Well I hate it when I have to sit and waste my time on the phone waiting for "the next available representative". The company provides an email support service - they should respond to it!!

I've sent emails to customer support quite a few times, usually for information on something or other, and have always received a prompt and courteous reply within a day or two. I've also used customer support to report fake sellers on ebay and locally and have always received a reply thanking me for informing them and the fake sellers quickly vanish. I've never received a 'form letter', always a personal reply, from the same person each time actually. Much better service than I've received from the majority of companies I've dealt with regarding problems or requesting information.

DSC03670.jpg

As much as I rag on Gibson that's pretty cool of them.

I want one of those leather Epi straps SOOOOOO BAD. Maybe they'll send me one if I can convince them my LPC came without a fretboard...or a headstock...or anything else. PRETTYPLEASECANIHAZASTRAPEPIPHONE?!?!? [-o<

Dude, You seem pretty defensive... Relax... You asked what peoples experiences were and you're getting them.

I do a customer service job and I can tell you, I get inquiries like yours quite often. Many times the email you sent them can be misrouted to the companies spam folder, or their reply is caught in yours. Sometimes the contact us link on their page will be down but if you enter the email address directly into your hotmail, outlook, whatever, it will work.

Cyber communications are awesome when it works.... When it doesnt, calling a person is the old standby.

DSC03670.jpg

I hope you don't mind me asking and it is your choice whether or not to disclose such information but what problems did you encounter? I bought a new G-400 the other day and the economy chord, truss rod hex key and instruction manuals are all missing.

I hope you don't mind me asking and it is your choice whether or not to disclose such information but what problems did you encounter? I bought a new G-400 the other day and the economy chord, truss rod hex key and instruction manuals are all missing.

Did you buy it in person from a store? Because that is pretty typical of places like Guitar Center. They literally steal your swag and hope that you dont know any better.

Many retailers have a habit of making the extras disappear. There are several reasons, some floor stock may not be re-packed in it's original box, this can also occur at places where the box is opened for inspection purposes, some employees are less than honest. I don't think it makes a huge difference, the cable is of inferior quality (and shouldn't be used anyway), the manuals tell you suprisingly little about your particular product model, they are more often than not a generic manual that can fit in with most of it's guitar line due to the ambiguous nature of the content, the straps are usually the webbed nylon type, and very thin version of them too

You are much better to use quality variations of the crap they bundle. On the other hand, if you buy something new, then you should expect that all these inclusions are present, I can understand felling a little ripped off if they aren't.

On the other hand, if you buy something new, then you should expect that all these inclusions are present, I can understand felling a little ripped off if they aren't.

I think that is the point, though. Yeah, that stuff is crap, but its supposed to be MY crap. Now, the poster and the sticker on the other hand, you cant just go out and buy somewhere. This post just reminded me that I got NONE of that stuff when I bought the Junior. It was a floor model, but I mean, come on! I wonder if Epiphone would send me one of those nifty little care packages if I called and told them I got ripped by GC...again!

Archived