Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jonwhite2227

Got a sg and not sure what model it is

Hello everyone,

Im a new gibson owner and I bought a gibson sg from guitar center. My question is what model sg is it here is the serial number 00221525 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

ok thanks alot guys I appreciate all the help im getting does this sg have the p90 pickups?? and what do you think its worth im just making sure guitar center didnt put the screws to me lol it is nice to know that the white was as produced as the other colors

Heres a email i received from gibson about my serial number

Hi,

Thanks for the email. The serial number is consistent with a SG Special in Cream finish and Gold hardware, made on the 22nd day of 2001. I have attached information on the model for your viewing(note: the Cream finish came with an Ebony fingerboard). Thanks again!

However as you can see mine does not have the gold hardware? Is that correct??

The hardware was probably changed somewhere along the line, or it could have came with nickel hardware from the factory, the only thing that makes me think that it could've been changed is the removed pickup cover on the bridge, or added pickup cover to the neck.