Gibson Brands Forums

Why Reputation: -1 ? what wrong ?

gotomsdos

Your "Reputation" number is in the most part a running total of the "+" or "-" votes you comment boxes get. Any member can vote approval or disapproval of each comment box with the "+" or "-" buttons in the bottom right corner of the comment box. Each member gets 1 "-" vote and like 3 "+" votes a day. I gave you a "+" to set your reputation to neutral. You'll notice your comment#1 box now has a green "1" in the bottom right corner.

It's a meaningless affectation of this board. It allows you to 'respect' a post or 'dis respect' a post. The 'reputation' is a calculation of all the pluses and minuses posters here have given you.

Either only one person left a 'reputation' mark of -1, for whatever reason or 100 people diss'ed your posts and 99 people respected your posts. For what? Who Knows?

One poster here had accumulated over 500 reputation points and still got banned.

Don't sweat it.

I really wish the moderators would drop this nonsensical feature. It can lead to bad blood and infighting.

btw, you can plus up to as many as 10 posts per day, but you can only post a single minus per day. So, you should feel privileged that the negative poster spent his/her one and only dis'-mark on your. \:D/

Oh, :unsure: and, uh... [unsure] you can give your own posts pluses and minuses, up to 10+ and 1- per day. Sort of self gratification. [sneaky]

See? I just diss'ed myself.

Maybe your avatar?

I thought the same thing – as a joke - when I saw it. Though fighting a cat-phobia, I like your helmet-kitty.

The reds and greens are silly. My profile piled up a bunch when I first started, but it turned around after I raised the issue (recall how GG helped )

– the Board and me had to adjust. . .

I hereby give you a green and if anyone feels like giving me a red for that, then please come forward. It's unhealthy to cowardly undermine others by these red lanterns without standing up and explaining why – and showing address.

Feeling like Robin Hood I just removed TommyK's red also. . . .

Archived