Gibson Brands Forums

Where can I buy a huge poster of a vintage burst J-200 ?

EuroAussie

Now thats a good idea Lars. I work in an advertising agency so reproducing a good quality file and then print it is no issue.

Or maybe one of you folks who have vintage J-200's could send me a high quality pic so i can drool over it all day in the office ... :-)

I quite like this pic but its too small, mabye i could ask the author for the original file to purchase ?

http://fineartamerica.com/products/vintage-fingerpicking-steven-digman-acrylic-print.html

I suggest you search the web for a photo you like, ask the owner for permission to use it, and then e-mail the picture to one of the many firms doing prints from digital images.

Lars

Actually I was thinking of you PM, would be great. Love the look of your burst J-200 TV, go crazy and I can be forever envious as I look at it everyday ... well, 5 days a week .. [thumbup]

cheers !

I will happily take a pile of pics of the SJ-200, EA... The camera is a Sony 10mp job, so I'll set everything to maximum and see what I can get quality wise.

Now thats a good idea Lars. I work in an advertising agency so reproducing a good quality file and then print it is no issue.

Or maybe one of you folks who have vintage J-200's could send me a high quality pic so i can drool over it all day in the office ... :-)

I quite like this pic but its too small, mabye i could ask the author for the original file to purchase ?

http://fineartameric...ylic-print.html

Did you notice that you can buy acrylic prints up to 30 inches from the website above ?

or you can save the picture (1064x1600) from sweetwater music http://www.sweetwater.com/images/closeup/xl/1600-SJ2RVSGH_closeup.jpg

I have saved all the similar photos from sweetwater and used them to generate a slideshow for my screensaver.

In 1995, I bought my first J-200, a koa version, from Elderly Instruments in Michigan. As it happened, that very guitar was featured on the back page of their current catalog, along with three other J-200s.

A few years later, I contacted Elderly, and they were kind enough to send me the slide (that's what they used back then....) of that image, which I then took to a photofinisher, and had enlarged and printed to 24" x 36" size. I framed that, and still have it on my wall, although the guitar is long gone, sold to a friend.

95GibsonJ200koa1Elderlycatalog.jpg

Nowadays, it's painfully easy to find an image like that, that you like, and have it printed out. I would get this sort of thing done up by our graphics department, and presto -- instant poster-size image!

Just don't forget the drool cloth bib!

Fred

Thank you, but actually im looking for some J-200 character shots, meaning with some surroundings rather than just pure product shot. cheers !

Would a Gibson Brochure from 1994 work? it has all the Guitars ? I may have a couple left...

Hi.... Vintage or New.. can you take a photograph and get in enlarged to a wall mount? I may have a couple killer pictures... eg,, Monarch? Gibson Photo .. Whitley? Gibson Photo .. 52 Sj200? 59 Standard? <<< or the pair side by side?

Well I run and advertising agency where we have a full DTP Studio, so what i would need is the right pic, and a high resulution digital file that we can print and frame for the office .... would that work ?

Hi.... Vintage or New.. can you take a photograph and get in enlarged to a wall mount? I may have a couple killer pictures... eg,, Monarch? Gibson Photo .. Whitley? Gibson Photo .. 52 Sj200? 59 Standard? <<< or the pair side by side?

Just FYI, the Gibson.com website has some hi-res TIFF files of their product shots. You could print them really big and still have good detail.

Here's a LINK to help you find them.

Thanks for this. Some very cool high res shots. Great resource for photos and I even went to the main press site and downloaded a photo of a Les Paul that looks like mine, as well as the J 45.

This is my favorite SJ-200 picture - it's a new one (rather than vintage of course), courtesy of forum member devellis, from another thread)

GibsonSIFullfronttree4.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, jchabalk. If EuroAussie or anyone else wants to use it for a poster, they have my blessing.

Archived