Gibson Brands Forums

thinking of buying a EL00,need advice

jwmtele

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My EL00 case is supposed to blow into MF warehouse on the 22nd of Oct at least that's what they told me after talking to their buyers.

I also noticed on the waist of the treble side of the guitar where it is black the finish is a bit odd. I can't tell if it's the black paint they apply in the sides waist or the clear they apply over it . It's like raised lines that go with the grain and I can feel it but to see it you need to hold the guitar at an angle so the light shins on it. I tried to take a photo but I get just glare no matter what I do. I can see it but the camera can't.

I can live with it , it just bugs me . I guess you can't expect perfection for $299. Gibson is sending me a new saddle so I can raise the action a bit.

As I said before it's not worth the hassle sending it back and hoping another one will be better or perhaps worse. The finish is not covered by Gibson.

I haven't "beat on it", yet. I suppose I could...but like you said..."it's too nice", and yes, even though I might have a "few" more guitars than some, I did work hard before I retired to obtain subject instruments...too hard actuallymsp_sneaky.gifmsp_angry.gifmsp_bored.gifmsp_sad.gifmsp_lol.gif and do not "mistreat" my guitarsmsp_thumbdn.gif...just a "figure of speech". Now, it's time to "beat" on my EL-00... msp_glare.gifmsp_blink.gifmsp_huh.giflaugh.gif

I guess I look at a guitar as an "instrument" of performing music. A tool. The question always to me the past 35 years has been whether the tool was appropriate to the task. Prior to that it was, "Is this a nice guitar that looks like what people think I should be playing in this/that style of music."

Bottom line is that in ways I think a really nicely set up Epi for how you play can be an excellent choice. This little guitar is a good example. Then again, so is the "package cheapie" PR4e that's 200 bucks with an inexpensive little amp that can run a mike and guitar at the same time.

I'll not use a knife if possible when a regular screwdriver is called for. Yet both are similar enough in function to share some uses, and in that case either is appropriate. I figure pretty much the same when it comes to guitars.

m

Archived