Gibson Brands Forums

Lets see your Epiphone

grandmaster

RaSTus,

No worries. I had a bunch of guitar projects that I needed to complete, deal with the Holidays and STILL work 60hr/wk to pay for it all. Just a little "distracted".

The smiles on the faces of the owners of the gits I "laid hands upon" were worth it. Good start for this coming year. Now, I get to do my stuff.

_heretic

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas was great in my house this year! My beautiful wife got me the DOT I have been wanting since I was a kid!! This is one amazing guitar! [biggrin]

EG2.jpg

I thought you were going to say your wife came home with 9 guitars! [woot]

Now THAT'S a wife! [laugh]

It's a snowy Saturday morning, got my coffee and have the time to post these.

I finally had a chance to photograph all over the holidays.

Not the best quality in the lighting.

EpiphoneArchtops1.jpg

EpiphoneAcoustics1.jpg

e-AcousticsAssorted.jpg

EpiphoneAssorted1.jpg

And my telecaster and amps

eFenderandamps.jpg

The only one missing is the Yamaha Pacifica. It's buried away but I will get to it soon. The Ibanez is in Florida at my in-laws. Next time down I will get photos.

I've made a few changes to the collection since the last time. This past week I got my Gibson goldtop 60's tribute and setneck Epi LP jr out of layaway. I also got my old Epi SST back. So here is the current collection:

55607571.jpg

I also forgot to mention that the Epi LP Jr. I have named "Animal" in honor of Animalfarm.

My Epi Les Paul Custom, Paul Reed Smith(Paul Allender), and '97 Cort SJ-10.

003.jpg,

Hey, I've got a Cort SJ-10 myself! Probably a 99 or 2000 model. I don't know about you, but I love mine to pieces - the solid rosewood back & sides give killer tone, and the jumbo body + spruce top = enormous projection! After I had a proper setup done on it, it plays like a dream, too. I've tried the newer CJ (made in China) line, and it's nice enough in its way, but it ain't no SJ!

Unfortunately, mine resides in Canada whilst I live in Singapore - we only get reunited during the all-too-fleeting summers... I bought a cheaper Cort MR710 just to bang around on (and get beaten on by airlines...), and it holds its own respectably well, too. Still, would love to have my SJ nearby...

Pick that sucker up and play a couple songs for me this weekend, would ya? [thumbup]

I've made a few changes to the collection since the last time. This past week I got my Gibson goldtop 60's tribute and setneck Epi LP jr out of layaway. I also got my old Epi SST back. So here is the current collection:

55607571.jpg

I'll have to update the pic with my amps. Forgot all about them. Oops!

I also forgot to mention that the Epi LP Jr. I have named "Animal" in honor of Animalfarm.

I've posted pictures of these babies already but, what the hell, here they are again.

cimg1124m.jpg

Paul

Hey Paul,

You're not the guy I sold my gold Les Trem to are you?

100_0622.jpg100_0674.jpg

I had the Les Trem on my Prophecy first, but it didn't work well with the 2-knob setup, so I sold it and went for the Stetsbar. Here's my 1981 Les Trem (actually a copy, I made this one myself after measuring an LT, I used to be a machinist) It's kind of old and rusty now and some of the chrome has peeled off;

101_0011.jpg

Mark

Hey Paul,

You're not the guy I sold my gold Les Trem to are you?

100_0622.jpg100_0674.jpg

I had the Les Trem on my Prophecy first, but it didn't work well with the 2-knob setup, so I sold it and went for the Stetsbar. Here's my 1981 Les Trem (actually a copy, I made this one myself after measuring an LT, I used to be a machinist) It's kind of old and rusty now and some of the chrome has peeled off;

101_0011.jpg

Mark

Hi Mark,

Nahhh, Got mine straight from Stew Mac 'bout 4 years back.

Took a couple of different mods before I got it working to my satisfaction.

Should've put a B5 or a B7 on instead but, drilling holes..... [cursing]

It's nowhere near as efficient as the Stetsbar but..... I don't really wanna fork out for

another expensive Trem. The Les Trem cost $220 and the Stetsbar is roughly the same price

on Fleabay here in Oz.

Sure like your Prophecy with the Stetsbar though. [drool] I bet it works a treat too.

Cheers

Paul

That's what, about an '80 DC-150 Stereo?

You're close, I got it about July 4th, 1981. It started out as a DC-160 (notice it doens't look like a pine board [laugh] ), but I don't know if the curly maple wasn't good enough or what, so it ended up as a 150 instead.

101_0004.jpg101_0002.jpg

101_0008.jpg101_0012.jpg

Archived