Gibson Brands Forums

Lets see your Epiphone

grandmaster

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're close, I got it about July 4th, 1981. It started out as a DC-160 (notice it doens't look like a pine board [laugh] ), but I don't know if the curly maple wasn't good enough or what, so it ended up as a 150 instead.

I love the natural finish. I almost want to see what the wood on my DC-200 looks like. Almost. (It's painted white, I'll put up a photo later. I really hate that I can't do that from my phone.)

I loge the natural finish. I almost want to see what the wood on my DC-200 looks like. Almost.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1607400624297&set=a.1607395624172.2077380.1214625898&type=3[img/]

Can't see your pic, it says unavailable or no permission.

If your DC-200 is painted it probably has plain woodgrain under it? That's why I was joking about mine looking like a pine board. Regular Carvins were pretty plain back then. I'll see if I can find my pic and put it here.

Here ya go;

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/straybeat/1981%20Carvin%20DC150/81_dc150stereo-large.jpg

And the Les Paul model;

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/straybeat/1981%20Carvin%20DC150/81_cm140-large.jpg

EDIT: Darn, not working this morning for some reason?

Can't see your pic, it says unavailable or no permission.

I broke the screen on my laptop so I'm relegated to using a phone to post stuff, and I'm having trouble with the pictures. I've posted it before, you could probably search me and find a picture of it.

2 Epi's for me. First one is my 2010 Dot Deluxe VS. Realy nice player. Its one of the most resonant guitars Ive ever played. Its in the process of some wiring changes, hence the missing knobs and tone pot. I appolgise for the non-glam shots. Took these with brand new camera that I havent compleatly figured out yet...needed outdoor light.

newcamguitar025.jpg

and my brand new Joe Bonamassa. I love this guitar. Amazing player. Great sustain.

newcamguitar018.jpg

I did upgrade the stop/tom to Gotoh. Stock was okay, but I couldnt hit the intonation. With Gotoh bridge intonation is dead on.

My Epi "Sonora Screamer" LP. It started of as a Standard Plaintop Honeyburst. I made the following modifications:

50's Wiring

Bourns Pots

Mojotone .022 Caps

Switchcraft Toggle and Output Jack

GFS Professional Series Alnico II Pickups

Gold Speed Knobs w/Pointers

Grover Deluxe Keystone Tuners

Custom TRC

SS3.jpg

SS2.jpg

SS1.jpg

My Epi "Sonora Screamer" LP. It started of as a Standard Plaintop Honeyburst. I made the following modifications:

50's Wiring

Bourns Pots

Mojotone .022 Caps

Switchcraft Toggle and Output Jack

GFS Professional Series Alnico II Pickups

Gold Speed Knobs w/Pointers

Grover Deluxe Keystone Tuners

Custom TRC

SS3.jpg

SS2.jpg

SS1.jpg

Alright Steve, what are you doing over here in the netherworld? I'm telling your wife!

Okay, I'm kidding, would never nark out a fellow brother and musician. Glad to see you here! [biggrin]

Mark

I crept in the back door while everyone was asleep LOL. How ya been Mark?

Well, I'm bummed. I'm in the process of building my new Gibby, got in all the parts, and discovered last night that Stewmac sent me the wrong tailpiece bushings. Damn!

So I emailed them for the right ones and suppose this will take another week to get them back? Other than that, no new heart attacks, so I guess it's been a good week? [scared][biggrin]

Sucks though that I won't be playing my new guit as soon as I thought? Hope you're enjoying yours though? I love that Sonora Screamer! What a cool chunk of wood! [love]

Mark

Well it's not really my guitar since it's just on loan, but what the hell it's an unusual and good lookin' Epi:

P1040330800.jpg

P1040318800.jpg

P1040317800.jpg

P1040324800.jpg

Man! It looks amazing! I was watching VH1 yesterday and the video for Dirty Boots with Sonic Youth came on. Lee Ranaldo was playing a black Genesis and I was thinking "I can't wait for them to release the reissue so I can get a chance to play one of those". I so want one!

Archived