Gibson Brands Forums

explorer on its way

endeewee

hello everybody,

i'm new on these forums, but since i ordered a gibson explorer cherry, i thought i might as well register.

i'm really looking forward to it, it'll arrive in a week they said.

when it arrives i'll post some pics

cheers

They sound so sweet, GuitarJunkie. You are gonna love it. They don't have the right sound for a "shred" guitar but they're so melodic for everything else. The vibrola, I've kind of got mixed feelings on now that I've had it for a couple months. It's useful for certaint hings for me, but with my playing style, it's almost more of a nuisance. I probably posted this already but here's mine.

DSC00061.jpg

Compared to the 57 Classics, they sound very scooped. It can still sound good through a good amp, and they still sound better to me than a lot of other stuff out there, but I much prefer the 57's. They just sing better. 500T is great for high gain, metal type stuff and does a passable job in other genres. What it does well, it does very well. I ended up dropping mine down to tame them a bit, which unfortunately thinned out the sound a little too. Worst case scenario, if you hated the 496r/500t, i personally think the explorer is still worth buying even if you have to change out the pups. It's a very nice, balanced shape with a very comfortable (for me) neck profile.

Archived