Gibson Brands Forums

new Facebook timeline

Silenced Fred

Facebook is pretty strange. They make changes and then after they're made and you've spent time looking for things that are no longer where they used to be, they tell you about it....kind of like yahoo sometimes does. YouTube recently did the same thing. Still, I've found Facebook a good way to quickly get info about my gigs out to everyone I know. It is helpful in that way, at least for me. How it is a pain-in-the-butt is another topic...lol...

screen-capture-5.png

yeah... mine is very professional

Mine is live as well

That's your cover photo? I guess it's whatever you want it to be. msp_flapper.gif

I made my own cover photo. I made it the exact size of the cover box on Facebook so it wouldn't get all stretched and look like crap.

Here's mine:

FacebookCover.jpg

do we have to have it or is it an option? i don't bloody want it! i got stuff from yrs ago i don't want to see or others see EVER!...i'll delete my account if timeline is forced upon me [-(

You could just delete the stuff that you don't want on there. Everyone will be moved to Timeline automatically on December 22nd.

I just checked and it does go all the way back to the beginning of time. But you can click on individual things in the timeline and hide them so no one will ever see them again.

You could just delete the stuff that you don't want on there. Everyone will be moved to Timeline automatically on December 22nd.

I just checked and it does go all the way back to the beginning of time. But you can click on individual things in the timeline and hide them so no one will ever see them again.

thanks B)

Maybe to you but its success to me. FB IMO is a fail

Then why did you join in the first place? If you didn't want your personal info or photos of you on the internet then you shouldn't have even joined fb. I just find it kind of silly that you deleted your entire profile over a platform change.

You must share all things of your life with other community members. So you have to make public your whole life.

I´ll never use Facebook. It´s to "mainstream" and not my cup of tea.^^

Thats silly thing to say. No one signs a contract when they sign up on FB that they must share everything they do and every picture that they take. You are in control of what you share with whom and even what you choose to put on your page. No one needs a Facebook account...but it sure makes things easier sometimes.

Thats silly thing to say. No one signs a contract when they sign up on FB that they must share everything they do and every picture that they take. You are in control of what you share with whom and even what you choose to put on your page. No one needs a Facebook account...but it sure makes things easier sometimes.

This.

No where does it say that when you sign up for Facebook you have to share anything. You could make a Facebook account and never share or post one damn thing. Your argument is invalid.

do we have to have it or is it an option? i don't bloody want it! i got stuff from yrs ago i don't want to see or others see EVER!...i'll delete my account if timeline is forced upon me [-(

Right.

Steve 'Picard' is a fb friend with stuff to hide?!! [scared][biggrin] I am there!!!

Matt

Ok, mini rant for the day as I drink my morning tea then head off to practice in a bit:

Everyone complains about the "privacy issues" on Facebook, but the fact of the matter is that the only information they have... iS WHAT IS GIVEN TO THEM! They aren't the FBI, you can say you were born wherever, whenever and as whomever. You can say you're employed as Donald Trump's right hand man and that you're married to Pamela Anderson (no idea why you'd want to say that you married Pamela Anderson, but you could)

I will give you guys the geo-tracking aspect of it, but its not like they are the only online service that uses this, and your cell phone does this as well. Its your choice whether you want a Facebook or not, but personally, I think its a great opportunity to reach, potentially, millions of people with music and whatever else you want

Archived