Gibson Brands Forums

new Facebook timeline

Silenced Fred

I've never found the option on my FB page to switch to timeline, etc. I have no idea what they're going to change next. Likely, neither does the FB crew. As it is now, it tends to work for what I do with it. I don't have a lot on there that might be considered very personal, private, etc. I knew nothing about everything on FB going to Timeline/whatever on the 22nd until I read it here. My page is still the same. So long as FB doesn't mess-up what I'm doing, I'm fine with it. It ain't perfect, but it is free. I've had folks coming to my gigs that I hadn't seen for ages. We lost-track of each other. They found me on FB. I'm sure there's a "darkside" to FB (from things I've heard on the news), but it's not where I'm at.

Its invalid because you don't understand what privacy is about; no disrespect. You have grown up in the digital world where privacy is just a word with no meaning. Face book has zero sense of security and this timeline is yet another why they will expose its member to another avenue to have their ID's not only stolen but cloned. Get your ID stolen and you then understand the meaning of "privacy" and how much it costs to get it back.

jocko, ur beating a dead horse with these people...lets move on [biggrin]

Archived