Gibson Brands Forums

Lame Question... Battery

spooler

Hey there folks,

Sorry for the noob question but I have just entered into the world of guitars and have a new GT PRO, which to this point I love. However.... the battery is likely toast after only playing on it for about 10 hours, this is likely due to the fact that I have just purchased it and dont know if it was on display or was played much or whatever, either way, I need to change it. So the obvious question is that I assume the battery is under the back plate on the back??? I am in a Hotel in HKG so cant really just get a screw driver and take a look but anyway...

Additionally I have heard a few people talk about changing the pickups to "passive". Is this worth the investment or are the pickups ok. I am a new guitarist... like really new (two months) so I am not looking to make any changes right away but this guitar is my travel guitar for me to practice when I am at work away from home in the hotels. I will not be recording with it but if it is an upgrade to go to different pickups then it might be something I will consider for the future. Thoughts please..... and thanks in advance.

Cheers

PS: I have managed to get a battery and a screwdriver but alas I am now even more confused. There is no battery under the back panel and three wires leading into the guitar itself... and they all go to their individual pickups which I have removed all of to look at and see if one of them takes the battery... ??? Standing bye for help. I will try to take it to the guitar shop when I am in Alaska where I bought it on the way home but still I would think that this should be something that I can change without a degree in ENG.

Ok,

I think that in my inexperience the pickups are in fact not active. Reason: I was looking at the wiring diagram for the Synapse and it has power wires (red) leading into the guitar neck as well as the pickup wires for each of the pickups, which would make sense for it to be powered. None of my pickups had extra wires just the one wire for each pickup. As well it is playing normally now after taking it all apart and putting it back together. I have been playing it now for over an hour so I assume it is ok.

Sorry for such a rookie post.

Archived